The Senior BASIS Analyst will play a key role in the delivery of the technology solutions for the Corporate Applications team. This role will be instrumental in supporting and delivering technical application design and deployment for all applications. This role will play a critical role in working with the functional support teams to define how global, local, & statutory business processes are delivered using various SAP application solutions. This is a key role within SAP team. The SAP team has approximately 90 team members and this role is expected to operate independently with minimal guidance from the team director.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Installing, monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting SAP applications.
* Ownership of the technical solution life cycle from inception to retirement
* Understanding the nature of OLTP and OLAP systems, including specific roles of SAP ECC, BW, SRM, PI, Solution Management, BPC, SLT, Enterprise Portal products.
* System Landscape Configurations and Operations: Administrating SAP applications: Starting / Stopping SAP instances, print management, SAP security operations, monitoring the SAP system for health and performance issues, batch job management operations, transport management system, SAP kernel upgrades, implementing SAP OSS notes, applying SAP add-ons and support packages.
* Deploying SAPGui, EPM add-on, business explorer (Bex) & HANA Studio. • Good understanding of SAP best practices: archiving, system copies, and single sign on.
* Understanding the SAP Application architecture (single or dual-stack: ABAP and/or JAVA).
* NetWeaver technology, roles of work-processes, IDOCs, BAPIs, RFCs, logon load balancing, SAP Web Dispatcher, SNC.
* Integrating and operating 3rd party applications required for change management process, monitoring, troubleshooting.
* Following protocols and standards specific to SAP large scale implementation.
* Deep understanding of Oracle RDBMS, SAP MaxDB and SAP HANA database systems: understanding backups, restores, tablespace maintenance, index rebuilds, segment statistics collection, table partitioning, cost based optimizer, SQL tracing, locks, deadlocks, high-availability solutions such as Oracle RAC. SAP MAX DB and HANA.
* Familiar with UNIX operating systems, networking and infrastructure concepts that are related to SAP environments: OS commands, OS account administration, disk and volume management, file system concepts, LANs, WANs, router, DNS, VPN, NAT, etc.
* Working with SAP Support on troubleshooting various issues: understanding the nature of the problem, raising OSS Incidents, providing necessary support to SAP Analyst to investigate problems;
* Willing to work in a fast paced environment and cooperate with various project teams, including production support teams located off premises
Bachelors, Masters or higher degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from an accredited institution or equivalent 5+ years of progressive SAP hands on experience leading up to Senior Analysis level Previously worked in a consulting and/or large-scale IT organization with at least 5 multi-country SAP project implementations of high complexity, large scale and global user base. Expertise in IT & business controllership requirements Expertise in SAP security integration and controls Expertise on multiple SAP systems including ECC, BW, Solution Manager Demonstrate excellent verbal/presentation and written communication skills Possess excellent interpersonal skills to engage with all levels of Business and IT Self-starter able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge Demonstrable collaboration and teamwork skills Strong adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, and change control processes Familiarity and comfort in working in an outsourced module with onshore and offshore resources Willingness to work off business hours and weekends as needed in a demanding environment Strong & effective influencing skills Strong & effective problem solving skills Experience using integration tools: o Gentran Integration Suite™ (GIS) / Sterling Integrator o Tibco o Informatica o SAP Process Integration (SAP PI) Experience with Secure Pro for SAP security Knowledge of Redwood job scheduling is highly desired. Experience with Worksoft, uPerfrom and HP ALM. Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).