No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 73338 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
The IT SAP Basis Administrator is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the systems that comprise the IT infrastructure in the Enterprise Service Center (ESC). This is accomplished by having a good working knowledge of SAP & Databases such as HANA, DB2, Oracle, MS SQL, MaxDB as well as open source databases and enterprise applications. Responsibilities will include managing and supporting the production SAP and application environment, installing new systems, managing end to end upgrades, refreshes, patches, maintenance, etc. The candidate must have good communication as well as documentation skills and must be able to work in a team environment. Candidate must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends when needed.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Support large and complex ERP Production Environment, maintain, fix, upgrade, and install new software and systems etc.
* SAP performance tuning and optimization
* Production System troubleshooting - SAP & Databases (DB2, HANA, Oracle, MaxDB, MS SQL)
* End-to-end System SAP Refreshes including knowledge of database restore commands
* Basic understanding of Portals and how to upgrade, tune and troubleshoot J2EE portals.
* Understand and administer transport Route setup & troubleshooting
* Work with patch updates, kernel upgrades, system upgrade (Release Upgrade), UNIX level knowledge, backups/restore, EWA setups, and familiarity with SAP Software Update Manager.
* Project management expertise surrounding the SAP, DB2 and other upgrades as well as new product installations
* System Replication and Disaster Recovery
Desired Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree required; Concentration in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering preferred
* Minimum of 4 years of experience
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with SAP Basis
* Basic OS knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux, and Windows
* Base DBA knowledge/experience with one or more of the flowing -DB2/Oracle/HANA/MS SQL
* Experience with SAP Troubleshooting and installs as well as patching and upgrades
* Basic knowledge of SLD (System Landscape Directory) & SMP (Solution Manager)
* Experience with daily monitoring, proactive checks, troubleshooting of ABAP and JAVA platforms across multiple SAP products (ECC, APO, BW, Portals, SLD, Trex)
* Knowledge of SAP System installations & support for large variety of SAP Instance types (ECC, APO/SCM, CRM, BW, PI, Java/ Portals, MDM, Solution Manager, Trex, SAP Hybris)
* Knowledge/Experience with major cloud providers, GCP/AWS/Azure
* Basic knowledge of Disaster Recovery principles including database and storage replication
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate's global business, visit the Company's web site at