The SAP Application Development Manager (Hands-on) oversees and manages the SAP Application Development team which will include SAP and other applications.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Collaborates with customers to define standards and measures for quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
* Designs and implements application development policies, standards, and quality metrics.
* Establishes methods to identify, document, resolve, and eliminate deviations to the application development process.
* Works with the Business Applications team to review Advanced Business Applications Programming (ABAP), Exchange Infrastructure (XI) development and interface requests, creating test designs and test scripts, troubleshooting, conducting functional and technical reviews, etc.
* Develops work plans for development of all ABAP, XI, Integration, Legacy and third party interface and data conversion program development. Works with Business Applications team to ensure timelines and budgets for all programming efforts will meet business requirements.
* Manages work plans for all ABAP, XI, Integration, Legacy and third party development. Ensures requirements are developed on time and within budget.
* Provides technical direction to the team and coordinates problem troubleshooting efforts.
* Ensures adequate testing plans are in place for all ABAP, XI, Integration, Legacy and third party programming to deliver high quality solutions.
* Maintains a good relationship with Business Application Leadership and stays informed on the goals, objectives and overall business requirements of the organization and assigns job priorities accordingly.
* Performs staff management activities including assigning work, training, career counseling, resource planning, recruiting, and annual reviews.
A minimum of 10 years of job related experience in ERP integration and development with a minimum of seven years of specific job related SAP experience are required.
Experience with the following technologies:
Three years Oil & Gas industry experience preferred. Management or leading teams experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or technical related field is required.
Advanced working knowledge of applications systems and ability to apply this knowledge. Understanding of SAP ABAP, XI and interfaces. Ability to lead and direct the work of other associates with working knowledge in developing and supporting enterprise-wide information systems. Advanced ability to maintain close communication with user base and coordinate with both end users and Business Applications team members. Advanced skills in leadership, ability to effectively communicate with others, both written, and verbal communication, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving. Strong knowledge of Company's and Industry applications, especially SAP, process flows, integration standards and practices. Advanced reading and writing, and ability to perform intermediate level mathematical calculations.
Responsible for the supervision of up to 3 technical employees as well as managing external consultants on an as needed basis.
Office based with travel up to 10% of time by land and air is required. Subject to all weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movement. Job conditions may require ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver's license and proof of insurance, standing, walking, and reaching or grasping.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier.
Join HollyFrontier where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
HollyFrontier Corporation operates as an independent petroleum refiner in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Refining and HEP.