Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The SAP Systems Engineer will lead a team of technology professionals responsible for the day to day care and support of mission critical SAP financial applications. The position requires a strong well-rounded SAP technical leader to quickly pick up on the overall business and technology processes supported by the team while also eager to learn and grow skills in the FS-CD Insurance module used for enterprise wide Payments and Billing. The position will serve as the technical leader in partnering with the SAP product teams to advance and build out innovative enterprise payment and billing capabilities for Allstate.
* Evaluate system enhancements and upgrades as input to SAP product roadmaps
* Partner with SAP product teams on the delivery of new capabilities
* Develop and Mentor Subject Matter Expertise in SAP applications
* Provide technical and functional leadership for junior team members
* Ensure industry and technology best practices are followed for product implementations
* Ensure industry and technology best practices are followed for securing systems and applications
* Build and foster positive, productive, professional relationships with team, business and technology partners
* You have deep understanding of ERP systems in any industry
* You have participated in all phases of systems development, including functional and technical design, build, test and support
* You have deep understanding of SAP ABAP development concepts, guidelines and SAP Architecture
* You have experience with ABAP programming, Design, Build, Configuration, Testing and Debugging functions to meet Business Process and Application Requirements
* You have experience writing test scripts and technical specifications
* You are a team player and have well-developed verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* You have excellent problem-solving skills and love to continuously learn.
* Dedicated, self-directed, motivated, proactive and inquisitive
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
* 5-7 years of proven hands on SAP ABAP technical and functional delivery support
* Prior experience with SAP FS-CD Insurance Module (a plus)
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.