Boston Private Financial
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 3 months ago(4/12/2019 12:35 PM)
Job ID 2019-2047 # of Openings 1 Category Technology
Boston Private is a leading provider of fully integrated wealth management, trust and private banking services. For more than 25 years, Boston Private has taken a highly personalized approach to serving the complex financial needs of individuals, families, business owners, private partnerships, nonprofits and community partners. Boston Private is also an active provider of financing for affordable housing, first-time homebuyers, economic development, social services, community revitalization and small businesses.
Headquartered in Boston, Boston Private has offices across the U.S. including Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and South Florida. Private banking and trust services are provided through Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Wealth management services are provided through Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser and a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.
The Software Engineer for the Salesforce platform will contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of the Salesforce CRM platform. This will include support for a broad range of business units such as core banking, wealth management, commercial and residential lending, among others. The position provides exposure to many business units in a dynamic financial services firm. This role requires direct interaction with end users and excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Gather Business Requirements working with Product Managers, Business Analysts, and end users.
* Design, build, unit test, and maintain solutions within the Salesforce CRM platform.
* Perform Hands-on Configuration in alignment with enterprise strategy, change management and deployment processes.
* Implement new products and packages within Salesforce.
* Understand all aspects of Salesforce.com configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including changes and potential system implications.
* Unit testing, regression testing, script testing, user acceptance testing and test environment support.
* Create Technical Specification Documents and assist team members in the creation of project planning and project management artifacts.
* Strong customer service skills as the candidate must Support End Users directly.
* Maintain high-level familiarity with other IT system/business application capabilities in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality.
* Work with Product Managers, Business analysts, and business area stakeholders to understand, document, and prioritize Salesforce enhancements and projects.
* 3+ years of Salesforce experience including both classic and lightning versions
* 5-7 years of experience with Software Engineering
* S in Computer Science or equivalent
* Salesforce Administrator certification and/or Developer certification is required.
* Strong knowledge of modern software design principles, concepts, and best practices.
* Significant Hands on experience in design and development of custom solutions on the Force.com platform including significant work in Apex, VisualForce, Lightning, application integration patterns using Mulesoft and other ETL tools.
* Experience configuring / customizing standard SFDC objects such as Leads, Accounts, Opportunities, Reports & Dashboards, with proven hands on experience building custom objects & solutions.
* Expert in bulk data migration from Excel & Legacy Systems to SFDC using Apex Data Loader, Demand Tools, and the Import Wizard.
* Expert knowledge of data structures, data modeling and database schema.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving capabilities.
* Self-motivated with exceptional follow-through
* Strong problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines
* Experience with DevOps and CI/CD.
* Working knowledge of the Microsoft Development stack (ASP.NET Core, C#) preferred.
* Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) preferred.
* Experience in financial services is highly desired.
* Experience with modern JS frameworks like Angular.js and repositories such as TFS, SVN and GitHub is preferred.
Boston Private is an equal opportunity employer
About Boston Private Financial
Boston Private Financial Holdings is a wealth management and private banking organization.