Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Director, CRM Systems.
A Look Inside the Job:
* Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals
* Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
* Communicate with project managers, clients, and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
* Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
* Interact directly with managers and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications, and interactions with internal Salesforce instances
* Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects, and workflow
* Collaborate with various internal departments, including marketing, product development, and operations, to ensure the Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance
* 1 to 2 years of Salesforce development experience
* Experience with Salesforce.com development tools and techniques including: APEX, Force.com custom development, triggers, controllers, Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, sObjects, SOQL, SOSL, outbound messaging and creating Visual Force Pages
* Experience in core Salesforce clouds
* Experience using Salesforce's native declarative functions (Process Builder, Flow, Reports and Dashboards, Permissions, etc.)
* Demonstrated detailed understanding of agile methodologies
* Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and verbal/written communication
* Proven ability to work with a team of Salesforce programming and declarative experts
* Salesforce Developer certification(s)
* Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications with a track record of career growth and skill development
* Experience querying and working with relational databases
* Experience developing on Lightning Experience
* Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight schedules
* Comfortable working directly with end users
* Experiences with making managed packages
* B.S. degree
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
* Comprehensive health-care benefits
* Free lunch every Friday
* Flexible paid time off policy
* Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
* Fitness reimbursement
* Charity match program
* Transit subsidy in select cities
* Education reimbursement
* And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Datto is a provider of data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions.