The Salesforce architect/developer will be a key member in supporting our Salesforce environment as part of a Salesforce delivery team in a dynamic and highly technical environment. The Salesforce architect/developer is a key contact for Project Managers, advising on project sizing and estimation. The incumbent will also direct the work of others and is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations. The incumbent is expected to serve as the Subject Matter Expert for best practices around development and development life cycles. Depending on the nature of the project, this role will be required to configure the solution within the Salesforce platform and/or perform custom development, as well as manage integrations with other systems and may be called on to assist with activities like scoping and documentation.
* Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
* Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
* Develops elegant and simple solutions.
* Build Apps and functionality on the Lightning Platform
* Declarative customization including the creation of Flow, Process Builder, Approval Processes, Validation Rules, Workflow rules, Reports and Dashboards, etc.
* Participate in technical design discussions, influencing smart decisions about when to use configuration vs. coding
* Test and debug
* Manage integrations with other systems
* Continue to implement and adhere to platform best practices
* Release Management & Deployment activities
* Provide assistance/backup to the Salesforce Administrators as needed
* Assists with the design, analysis and documentation
* Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations to address evolving business requirements
* Familiarity with database query languages such as SQL, SOSL and SOQL
* Ensures project goals make sense and overall development objectives are being met.
* Serves as a contact person in support of more serious production problems/issues.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
* Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
* 7-10 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms, preferred.
* 5-7 years' experience in the development environment commensurate with the assigned area of responsibility, preferred.
* Platform I and Platform App Builder certification
* Broad understanding of all Salesforce products (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud…), with specific hands-on experience with Sales Cloud
* Lightning Development Experience is a must
* Experience with integrations and knowledge of integration patterns
* Experience with large scale deployments and deployment activities
* Comfortable with a variety of development tooling, including Force.com IDE/ Illuminated Cloud/ VS Code (Salesforce CLI/ DX), Ant migration tool, Version Control and others
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter, hard-working
* Additional certifications such as Platform II and Administrator
* Financial Services Industry experience
* Active in the Salesforce Community