Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been leading the world into the cloud computing era since its inception 11 years ago. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is the vital ecosystem we have created with our tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners to promote AWS in every industry, every size of company, and every region of the world. APN offerings include validating partner qualifications in distinct areas, lead/opportunity sharing, training and certifications, marketing assistance, funding reimbursement, and more. The AWS Partner Systems team is responsible for external and internal systems supporting Partner Sales, the APN, and other elements driving the AWS partner ecosystem. We serve three groups of stakeholders: partners who work with us to sell AWS, customers who use AWS, and internal users responsible for driving AWS sales and adoption via partners.
As an Application Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team supporting all of our partner systems. While the .com platform will be your strongest focus, you will be willing and able to learn and support other technologies as needed. Working closely with others on the product and tech teams, you will build, test, iterate, and deploy changes supporting technical maintenance, ongoing enhancements to existing features, and new functionality such as integrations, portal application modules, or automated business processes. You will play a leading role in code reviews, guiding junior resources towards better designs and clean, standardized coding.
* Implement core development of new functionality, enhancements to existing functionality, and platform maintenance work
* Create and execute test scripts, both automated and manual
* Execute deployments in a safe and documented way, helping to drive improved team deployment processes
* Participate in technical design discussions, influencing smart decisions about when to use configuration vs. coding
* Lead iterative feedback sessions, enabling the business to provide input on work in progress
* Troubleshoot escalated support issues - collecting data, performing analysis on root cause, and implementing short- and long-term solutions
* Function as tech lead on projects being implemented by external consultants
* Mentor peers via code review and ad hoc assistance
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.