Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an opening for a Salesforce Engineer.
Our Salesforce Engineer will review, analyze, design, code, test and debug computer software solutions that meet requirements of company business applications. They will also work with end users, Third Parties, other IT staff and management to meet these requirements. They will need to be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures that may be specific to a hardware platform or development language. They will provide production support as directed by management and may occasionally lead and direct the work of others.
* Writes new code or modifies existing code to meet requirements of company Business Intelligence applications. Tests or Debugs his/her work to ensure that the functional requirements are met and that completed work is of high quality. Follows company development standards which are particular to their team.
* Provides production support in the form of troubleshooting problems, break fixes, adhoc data mining or other unspecified activities as directed by management. May be on call for after-hours support.
* Performs review, analysis and design on new assignments identifying opportunities and challenges that may be significant to the successful completion of the assignment. Works with end users, Third Parties, other IT staff and management to define, plan and scope projects. Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish these goals.
* Occasionally leads or directs the work of others.
* Complies with existing documentation requirements required for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Complies with Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements as required
* Bachelor's Degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
* 2+ years' experience in declarative Salesforce development (Workflows, Page Layouts, Custom Objects, Process Builders, Reports, Dashboards, etc.)
* 2+ years' experience in the Salesforce security model (Roles, Profiles, Permission Sets, Sharing Rules, and Organization Wide Defaults)
* Experience with writing API integrations between Salesforce and other external systems
* Knowledge of Salesforce integration via batch
* Expert understanding of integration patterns: SOAP/REST web services, APIs, batch processes, connectors, middleware etc.
* Proven ability to troubleshoot declarative and programmatic errors
* Experience with loading data into Salesforce
* Proficient in Salesforce governor limits
* Experience writing and working with custom Lightning Components
* Experience working in and configuring the Lightning environment
* 1+ years' experience with RESTful API development
* 2+ years' experience designing custom Salesforce applications from the ground up
* Experience with working on Agile development teams
* Good communication skills and comfortable working in a team environment
* Heroku knowledge a plus
* Required Certifications: Developer1, Admin201, Platform App Builder
* Preferred Certifications: Developer2
* Ability to communicate on a technical and non-technical level with end users, other IT Staff and management (both verbal and written)
* Must be detail oriented and possess a strong aptitude in development and testing techniques
* Must be able to perform a variety of complex tasks with minimal supervision
* Must have strong time management and organizational skills
* Must have good follow through skills
* Must be dependable
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.