Fastly helps the world's most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We're building a better Internet. Come join us.
We're looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our team responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our business systems infrastructure. We manage the systems that encompass the entire buyer's journey from initial lead through marketing, sales, renewal, accounting, customer success and advocacy using tools including Eloqua, Salesforce, Aria, NetSuite, and Zendesk. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of solving business problems and implementing them in Salesforce and its peripheral ecosystems. This role reports to the Director, Business Systems and will be based in San Francisco, CA.
This position is an important part of our Enterprise Systems growth. Key responsibilities include leading our efforts to streamline Quote-2-Cash processes and further enhancing our custom CPQ implementation, service delivery and tracking, and developing solutions to improve and optimize our business processes. You will be expected to develop new ideas, find new capabilities in Salesforce and other applications, and drive their implementation and integration inside Fastly.
Succeeding in this position requires you to be a self-starter with proven problem-solving skills. You should enjoy becoming a subject matter expert in multiple areas and have a strong affinity for efficient processes, a well-organized database, and a passion for clean data. If you want a work environment where your ideas are welcome and contributions are recognized, this is the place for you!
What You'll Do
* Build custom Custom or declarative applications on the force.com platform
* Proficient with declarative functionality (flows, processes, workflows, validation rules, approvals, web-to-object etc) within Salesforce
* Design data models, user interfaces, business logic and security for custom applications
* Ability to transform business needs into actionable requirements and functionality
* Scope level of effort and potential options for delivery of applications
* Hands on experience in data cleansing and data manipulations using various migration tools.
* Experience with Salesforce.com security model and sharing rules
What We're Looking For
* 4+ years of work experience implementing Salesforce related projects from initiation to launch
* Demonstrable understanding of technology architecture, API's, and integration best practices
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* Experience with data manipulation, cleaning, and de-duplication
* Ability to work with all levels of stakeholders
* Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills
* Strong technical, systems, and business process acumen
* Strong problem solving skills (critical, strategic and evaluative thinking)
* Ability to reasonably estimate the time for tasks and then meet deadlines set by those estimates; ability to quickly and effectively prioritize multiple requests
* Experience working with a distributed team across timezones preferred
* 2-3 years experience working with Sales, Deal Desk, or Legal Operations preferred
* Experience with Scrum and Agile
* Experience working with Steelbrick CPQ, Netsuite, Aria, Domo or Other BI tools, and/or Apttus CLM
* Comfort with Whiteboarding and/or 'Wireframing' Solutioning
* Experience working with any or all of the following: Aura / Lightning Design System, Heroku and Mobile Application Development (Salesforce SDK, iOS, Android)
* We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
* We love distributed teams. Fastly's home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
* We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
* We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
* We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.