Salesforce.com Business Analyst Sr. Advisor
As an experienced IT Business Analyst, you will join Quest's team of IT professionals responsible for partnering and collaborating with our internal business constituents to facilitate needs analysis, requirements elicitation, design, development and implementation of enterprise IT solutions that will empower Quest for success. You will become a key member of Quest's Salesforce.com Center of Excellence.
Strong listening, verbal and writing skills will allow you to quickly understand complex business requirements, filter/organize/prioritize extraneous and relevant content, then clearly and concisely articulate requirements.
Proven capabilities in Salesforce.com (SFDC) configuration and a solid understanding of SFDC best practices and functionality are key to this role. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and driving business adoption using the SFDC platform.
The BA will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop and deploy new business processes, including:
* Business Stakeholders - develop close, trusting and open relationships with key business stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of business pains, business objectives, requirements, and processes
* IT Project Management Team - work very closely with the PMs who have responsibility for managing implementation projects
* IT Development & QA Teams - work closely with developers, development managers, testers and test managers when required
* Analyze, define, and implement global and cross-functional business system and process requirements to understand current state, gather requirements, identify inefficiencies and create productivity gains in various Quest business units and operational areas
* Map and transform business process (as-is and to-be), and define and document future state processes with sufficient detail for internal software developers to create the technical solution. This includes creating highly detailed business requirements and software requirements documents, release notes, process flows diagrams, data and program flowcharts, etc.
* Create Salesforce.com design specs and configure Salesforce.com objects, fields and functionality
* Bring an engaging manner to the team, focusing on driving excellence around how we support our Sales and Operations teams and end-to-end processes
* Provide direction and feedback during technical design, development, testing and deployment stages on significant projects
* Help to define change management required as a result of system and/or process change
* Create test plans and test scripts, and work with QA resources to execute test scripts and track issues and resolutions
* Participate in project management activities including updating project plans and risk assessments
* 4-year college degree or equivalent relevant experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst or Analyst/Project Manager
* Deep knowledge and experience with enterprise-level CRM applications, including minimum 3 years as a Salesforce.com administrator and system configuration experience
* Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on SFDC and all upstream and downstream applications, system and processes
* Strong analytical skills and experience with enterprise-level business process analysis and design
* Driving desire to help improve business operations, efficiency and outcomes
* Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal communication, and business analysis skills
* Ability to prioritize and demonstrate an organized approach to delivering work across multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience in and understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, agile) and contemporary software quality assurance processes
* Solid understanding of technical application concepts such as system integration, enterprise services, data migration, etc.
* High proficiency in Microsoft tools, including Visio, PowerPoint, Excel
* Salesforce.com admin certification
* Software industry experience
* Prior M&A experience
* Experience working with global and distributed/remote teams
* Basic working knowledge of middleware
* Channel or multi-tier distribution go-to-market experience
Quest enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With a rapidly expanding global team, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Why work with us?
* Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
* When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
* Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
* We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
* Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.