The Radar Sensor Systems (RSS) organization is seeking a dedicated Proposal Manager (PM) to lead the activities required to complete high quality and fully compliant proposals from kick-off of the proposals up to contract awards. The PM is required to have an understanding of proposal processes for U.S. DOD sole-source and competitive proposals. They must also have an understanding of the US Government acquisition process, FAR, and ITAR. The PM will train proposal team members and functional resources to perform their roles quickly and efficiently.
Key responsibilities include resource planning, team management, proposal documentation and delivery and implementation/documentation of proposal best practices. The PM uses established processes and approved business tools to manage daily progress and promptly addresses challenges. The PM contributes to growing the product line by ensuring proposals are submitted on-time, and quickly responding to customer requests for information, counteroffers, and contract award documents.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Full accountability and authority for leading proposal teams to meet delivery schedule, technical requirements, compliance requirements, and cost & profit targets
* Coordinates technical solution development, proposal bid and negotiation strategy, proposal development from kickoff to final TINA compliant proposal delivery
* Coordinates and integrates the performance of cross-functional teams, subcontractors, vendors and IOT partners
* Ensures prompt responses to customer requests for information, DCMA audits, counteroffers, TINA sweep checklists, and settlement contract documents
* Focuses, evaluates, motivates and rewards the cross-functional team members, enabling them to achieve desired results
* Applies lessons learned to continuously improve customer acquisition cycle time
* Minimum 10 years relevant Program Management, Control Account Manager, or Integrated Product Team Lead experience
* Demonstrated comprehension of Request for Proposal documents
* Demonstrated development and application of proposal schedules, proposal work product matrices, cost estimation standards, and Gate review templates
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Demonstrated skills for applying Best Practices
* Experience with cost and schedule management
* Leadership skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams to foster improvements in established processes across all program areas to ensure predictable, quick reaction results
* Ability to achieve Raytheon PM Certification (conditional) at Level 5 within 6 months of assignment
* U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
* Top Secret Security Clearance Required Day ONE with the ability to obtain Special Access Clearances
* Strong business sense to proactively identify and resolve problems, quickly and efficiently
* Technical knowledge of RADAR or similar sensor technologies
* High level of proficiency with MS Office and Project tools, comprehension of SAS Manufacturing & Engineering cost collection systems
* Raytheon Level 4 Program Management Certification or equivalent
* Understanding of the U.S. DoD acquisition life cycle and configuration management
Effective interpersonal skills especially in team building/maintenance and customer relationships
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or equivalent experience
* Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Math, Science or equivalent experience
142433BR 142433 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.