At Raytheon, we aspire to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems supplier through world-class people and technology.
Raytheon SAS designs, develops, produces and supports a vast array of electro-optical/infrared sensors, active electronically scanned array/scanning radars, and various integrated systems solutions to provide customers with actionable information for strike, persistent surveillance, and special mission applications. These best-in-class systems perform detection, identification, tracking, targeting, navigation, weather, and situational awareness tasks from a variety of airborne platforms including maritime, littoral and overland patrol aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, and other tactical, attack and transport rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Raytheon radar products are deployed by every branch of the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and several other government, commercial and international customers.
This position is for a software engineer with experience developing software for military systems, using C/C++. Previous Experience in Radar Software development for a surveillance radar is a highly desired attribute for potential candidates. The position involves the adaption of a large complex radar software code base to new technologies (tech refresh), as well as resolution of defects in the existing deployed system. In addition to the modification of the existing code base, there will be development of new software functionality/capabilities in order to meet new mission specific requirements.
Additional assignment duties include:
* Designing and implementing the development of new radar control and interface software
* Assessment of verification requirements of the various tools used during testing.
* Effectively communicating technical knowledge regarding test and radar control software development requirements when working with systems engineers and program team.
* Identifying, recommending and implementing risk mitigation activities to reduce cost, schedule and technical risks.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience developing real time embedded software
* Experience programming in multiple modern programming languages
* Experience with scripting
* Top Secret clearance is required day one of employment and role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Ability to obtain a Special Access Program (SAP) clearance
* Experience in execution of tasks with little to no direction and to lead the efforts of others
* Proven experience working with technically skilled teammates and customers
* Prior experience developing software for search and surveillance radar
* Experience with large complex systems such as radars
* Signal Processing Experience
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Minimum Bachelor's of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
142893BR 142893 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.