General Motors Financial
The Sr Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support for any business areas assigned to them. This includes, but is not limited to, analysis, design, project estimation, as well as product support and systems administration. The Sr Business Systems Analyst often functions as the IT Partner or Project Manager on major, large-scale projects and provides guidance and mentoring to entry-level team members. This position involves direct coordination with other team members, departments, business partners and outside vendors on project management.
* Plan, organize and direct the implementation and/or development of Enterprise processes and systems in accordance with strategic business plans on multiple large projects.
* Interface with customers to provide issue resolution for products and processes.
* Communicate with management and business partners on business systems and project status
* Review, analyze, and gather customer requirements and recommend innovative system solutions to appropriate management.
* Work closely with internal business units to facilitate project completion.
* Provide technical advice and counseling to both project managers and technical staff on in-house business systems, proposed business systems and systems utilities.
* Provide business rules interpretation for functional and technical specifications, system designs and documentation for business solutions.
* Interface with software vendors and suppliers in support of business applications software.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
* Maintain technical and functional awareness and competence.
* Provide Quality Assurance Testing for production implementation.
* Provide direction and mentoring to entry-level analysts.
* Perform special projects as assigned/required.
Reports to: AVP IT Services - Enterprise Systems
Subordinates - None
* Thorough working knowledge of information systems and operations.
* Functional knowledge of the business area or areas assigned to them.
* Ability to interpret business rules and customer requirements for the purpose of creating system and process documentation, program specifications, and project specifications.
* Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
* Capable of relating business issues to the ITS staff in an effort to achieve the necessary resolution of issues.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
* Ability to read and understand complex technical manuals and documentation pertaining to the operations of computer and software applications and equipment.
* Ability to interpret complex technical publications and diagrams, and project specifications.
* Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
* Ability to give direction to and mentor entry-level analysts.
* Promote a cooperative and productive team environment.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technical relationships with internal and external clients.
* Bachelor's degree in computer studies or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 3 years prior analysis experience in an Information Technology environment and respective business area.
* 3-5 years of work experience in requirements gathering and documentation.
* Excellent understanding of MS product architecture and some experience or understanding of MS network administration.
Normal office environment. Subject to stressful situations as they relate to deadlines and dealing with business partners, other departments, and outside vendors. Some travel to company and vendor sites is required.
About General Motors Financial
GM Financial is the captive finance company.