Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that's continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person's career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Reporting to the Manager, the Route Provisioner is primarily responsible for the setup and configuration of all data transmission technology. They are also responsible for the data mapping and transformation with trading partners. In addition to
these primary responsibilities, the Route Provisioner is also required to provide tier 2 support in resolving data transmission issues throughout the enterprise and ensuring timely resolution. As part of the day-to-day activities, they are
required to work closely, and communicate effectively with both technology and business units at all levels to resolve issues timely.
* Responsible for setting up and implementing all data transmissions activity for internal and external customers (both new and existing).
This includes the setup and management of:
* Trading partners for both producers and consumers of data (i.e. banks, tax agencies, carriers, payroll systems, etc.).
* Routing channels (i.e. sftp, samba, PGP, virus scanning, push, pull, etc).
* Job schedules (i.e. perl scripts, jcs redwood, sterling file gateway, etc.).
* Responsible for customer testing and validation with internal and external customers (both new and existing).
* Responsible for data mapping and transformation between source and destination systems.
* Working with internal and external customers (both new and existing) to determine file specifications.
* Creating data element mappings between two distinct data models (i.e. ACSII, XML, ANSI X12, EDI, NACHA, etc).
* Participate and support business initiated projects as required.
Incident Support (Tier 2)
* Act as an escalation point for Production Operators by providing in-depth technical support.
* Product navigation (i.e. guidance around, and execution of complex tasks within the technology portfolio)
* Data mining (i.e. investigating variances in data transactions totals)
* Customer interaction (i.e. escalation point for customer concerns)
* Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
* Review tickets for repetitive issues and collaborate with support teams to identify effective/sound solutions that will resolve these conclusively.
Major Incident Support
* Accurately assess the impact of major incidents and ensure it is escalated appropriately and timely. May require manual report reconciliation and data mining throughout the major incident.
* Periodically as required, communicate effectively and succinctly to both customers and internal senior management throughout the major incident; and ensure that all written and verbal communications are delivered timely and accurately.
* Support incident manager as required to find root cause and resolve the major incident.
* May work with implementation consultants, professional services, product development to complete tasks.
* Follow documented department processes and escalation procedures. Also required to understand and uphold all Infrastructure, Information Security, Privacy policies and standards.
* Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, email box, phone hotline and alert console(s).
* Generate a sense of urgency to complete work on time and understand that failure to meet SLAs can lead to significant financial penalties and
substantial negative brand impact.
* Inspire others by demonstrating a strong commitment to achieving results.
* Develop a working knowledge of the applications and foster productive relationships with Ceridian's internal and external customers, trading partners and third party vendors.
* Embrace change, accept ambiguity and provide off-hours support as needed.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
* 5-8 Years practical experience in administration of a company's managed file transfer and data transformation layers.
* Bachelors Degree in computer science or information systems preferred.
* Strong communication and organizing skills.
* Possess the analytical ability to independently resolve routine problems.
* Experience working with the following technologies: IBM Sterling File Gateway, IBM Sterling B2B Integrator, IBM Gentran Integration Suite (GIS), Gentran, IBM Transformation Extender (ITX), Websphere, Mercator, Datastage, SQL, Java, RHEL, WindowsOS, Data mapping (EDI, NACHA & XML, ASCII)
Linux, UNIX and Oracle.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and that makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Job Family Technical
* Job Function Quality/Process Improvement
* Pay Type Salary