At CoBank, the Risk Architecture Data Analyst supports the development and continuous improvement of CoBank's risk management data practices, SAS scripts, process flows, project execution, and ad-hoc analyses. Assists in researching and implementing best practices in data transformation, storage, and risk modeling. This role is also responsible for accurately transforming, maintaining and improving source data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Serves as primary contact for the Enterprise Risk Analytics team providing data analysis, coding, and visualization support for projects as they arise.
* Creates and maintains time series data relating to Allowance for Credit Loss (ACL), Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL), and Economic Capital (ECap).
* Provides data support for the Relationship Profitability Model (RPM) and CoBank Prepayment models.
* Provides data analysis, pre-processing, and ongoing maintenance for the current production ACA ECap process.
* Assist in structuring the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) data mart for access by other groups within ERM.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, finance, economics, math or statistics.
* Four (4) or more years of relevant banking or risk management experience utilizing statistical software packages, preferably focused on asset liability and credit risk; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Experience using statistical software packages such as SAS, visualization tools such as Tableau, and Robotic Process Automation.
* Knowledge of data governance theory and methods, with an understanding of relational databases, and experience in data mining and database queries.
* Proven ability to effectively use data analysis tools to filter and clean data for storage, modeling and reporting.
* Knowledge of the finance and lending industry, preferably financial and risk modeling practices and concepts, financial instruments, and/or financial markets.
* Knowledge of financial modeling and econometric theory and methods, with experience using risk modeling tools such as QRM or Polypaths.
* Knowledge of agriculture and other CoBank business industries preferred.
* Knowledge of business process design and requirements gathering, with experience working closely with business groups to prioritize and manage data and information needs, and the ability to follow a project through the software lifecycle.
* Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage workload and projects, prioritize competing commitments, and complete assignments in accordance with established deadlines.
* Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
* Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and build relationships with associates and management at all levels across the bank.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
CoBank stands strong as a $125 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural communities. That means we help fund new ways to grow food, generate energy, access technology, and otherwise improve life in America. When you choose a career with us, you make a difference by standing for something that matters. A career at CoBank can offer you the opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities where we do business. We also provide competitive compensation, health and wellness benefits, company-funded retirement plan, matching 401(k), and professional development programs.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.