Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Optimist manages your underwriting process through a single, integrated and configurable solution. Delivered with industry standard templates for consistent financial analysis. Optimist includes a fully configurable rating platform for PD and LGD support, and a pricing engine for risk-adjusted deal pricing.
What you will be doing
As a member of the Professional Services team, this position plays a key role in the success of customer implementations of the Optimist product. Optimist is a risk and compliance tool that commercial banks use to spread financials and generate risk grades when evaluating whether to lend to borrowers. The Implementation Consultant will work with customers to translate business requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system must do to fulfill the business requirements. After specifications are complete, the Implementation Consultant is responsible for configuration of the solution and supporting client testing activities.
* Analyze business and user needs and translate into proper system requirement and design specifications.
* Complete system configuration per specifications.
* Assist and guide the customer in writing test plans and test cases to ensure testing aligns with the requirements presented.
* Guide the customer in implementation best practices and manage customer expectations to ensure their success in the project.
* Conduct a variety of tests such as system, quality and peer reviews. Ensure that the configuration is correct per the agreed upon documentation. Verify through testing that changes made to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Report and review testing results.
* Triage and resolve configuration issues.
* Deliver standardized software training to clients.
* Provide consulting and support to clients as they configure the product.
* Liaise with other internal groups such as development staff and support teams.
* Achieve utilization targets.
* Open communication and transparency: We are an organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way in order to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
* Ability to lead and take actions: Given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
* Anticipation and Proactivity: Our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks and client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
* Creativity and Pragmatism: In combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the "how will they be implemented" into their evaluation
* Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We accept mistakes, they are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. On the other hand, we cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative. Finally, as not every initiative can fail and because our business is ultimately to deliver solutions to the client, ability to turn actions and initiatives into actual results is key.
What you bring:
* End-to-end software implementation experience (preferably at a software vendor).
* Understands the full IT project life cycle from requirements gathering through implementation and go live.
* Industry experience in accounting, finance or banking preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills.
* Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status appropriately and timely.
* Ability to travel up to 30%.
* Technology background with preferably in Financial Services
What we offer you
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
* A competitive salary and benefits
* A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities