Duties and Responsibilities:
The Risk Analyst - Security and Operations will assist the Senior Vice President - Information Security, Physical Security and Operational Risk Officer to provide adherence to applicable governmental regulations and the Bank's Physical and Information Security policies, standards guidelines and procedures. Analyst duties include assisting on internal risk assessments conducted to identify any defects in business processes and operational structures. The analyst will assist in coordinating with each department unit, meet with managers and staff to assess current work processes. Where there are deficiencies, they will assist in developing changes and prepare reports for executive and operations managers. The analyst works to ensure that departments are following compliance standards and regulations and assist in augmenting work processes to improve productivity and revenue making procedures.
* Assist in the comprehension, interpretation, and implementation of the Bank's Information Security policies, procedures, and standards.
* Assist in monitoring compliance with Information Security policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards
* Accomplishes business objectives by evaluating, identifying and solving problems in customer information and operational structure procedures and processes.
* Conduct internal compliance reviews of the Bank's Security environment and serve as consultant for security issues that require immediate resolution.
* Assist manager during audit/regulatory review by gathering documentation or representing facts to auditors and regulators when interviewed.
* Conduct risk assessments to identify and access security risks of new, existing, or proposed infrastructure.
* Assist in the arrangement and implementation of security and risk oriented training including on-going education to all personnel.
* Conduct and complete the Periodic Access and Log Reviews assigned to Information Security to ensure appropriate access levels and controls are maintained.
* Assists in risk reviews; internal, external and regulator risk recommendations and monitor bank adaptation.
* Assists manager in conducting security due diligence reviews of all vendors and participates in maintaining other compliance related activities within the vendor program including SSAE-18 SOC Report Reviews.
* Assist in the update and maintenance of the various Information Security Software/Tools.
* Act as secondary resource to the Information and Physical Security Officer on related security inquiries and change requests.
* Researches/investigates emerging business application security topics, threats, capabilities, and benchmarking state-of-the-art solution options to create/update security and operational policy and governance, technology strategies, solution architecture, and vulnerability assessments.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
* Knowledge and understanding in Information Security or relevant Information Technology experience
* A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team oriented environment
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite - especially Excel
* Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
* Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to multitask and demonstrate flexibility.
* Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to learn and adapt to change
* Can demonstrate initiative and creativity in problem-solving; self-motivated/self-starter; can work independently with minimal supervision; can work well under pressure, can develop strong relationships with subordinates, peers, and senior managers; can demonstrate commitment and accountability.
About Old Second
Old Second Bancorp is the bank holding company for Old Second National Bank that provides a range of banking services.