What you'll be doing...
We're investing in our network to improve the way we live, work, and communicate. Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses. As part of this network transformation, you will help to identify and optimize Verizon's next generation of products and services.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Verizon Innovation Lab team support external partners as they begin to develop solutions for Verizon's next generation of wireless technology. Our team is responsible for hosting and maintaining a lab environment where external partners and developers can try out their solutions on Verizon's infrastructure without affecting the production network.
You may be performing any of the following based on customer needs:
* Responsible for the advanced installation, operation & maintenance of network elements.
* Responsible for troubleshooting, upgrading, administering these platforms & multiple vendor systems; maintaining system, element & platform applications; & providing support to a varied user community.
* Working with customers to identify and execute test plans.
* Compiling and reporting of test results.
* Equipment that this position is responsible for includes but is not limited to:
* SAP equipment both virtual & physical: PGW, SGW, MME
* VCP Application Configuration & Support
* IP infrastructure
* Routers & switches
* Transport: Ethernet Backhaul, lit/dark fiber
* AC/DC Power Plant Equipment
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Experience in 4G cellular infrastructure, its operations, maintenance, configurations and trouble resolution, including eNB, OSS, PGW, MME, SGW, and HSGW.
* Knowledge of and experience in the operations, maintenance, configurations and trouble resolution of the following equipment: Nokia 7750 and 7705 routers and switches as well as DC power systems.
* Knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment.
* Knowledge of data networking protocols including TCP/IP, OSI, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Mobile-IP, and other LAN/WAN protocols.
* Experience with Microsoft Office product suite.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.