Are you an experienced vulnerability researcher and/or reverse engineer looking for an exciting and intellectually challenging environment focused on embedded and IoT devices?
Parsons is seeking experienced, motivated, and spirited candidates to join our growing and exceptionally talented VR team. Ideal candidates must possess strong analytical skills, have an aptitude for creatively solving problems, and be eager to take on hard and challenging problems. They must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills, enjoy working collaboratively on a team and aspire to continuous learning and development of their tradecraft.
* Work collaboratively on a team to satisfy customer goals and mission objectives.
* Use reverse engineering skills to decode and analyze the protocols, firmware code, and other internals of embedded and IoT devices to discover vulnerabilities.
* Develop Proof-of-Concept code in a scripting language to demonstrate execution control and viability of discovered vulnerabilities.
* Document discovered vulnerabilities and support building a comprehensive knowledgebase of discovered vulnerabilities.
* Contribute to the team's continuous learning and advancement of the vulnerability discovery and exploitation techniques, methodology, and technologies.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Information Security with 10+ years of total technical experience.
* 5+ yrs of experience with at least one operating systems platform - Android, Linux, or Windows
* Experience with the construction and code execution of programs written in assembly, C, and C++
* Experience with programming in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash)
* Must be a U.S. citizen and must possess an active Top Secret clearance
* Familiarity with software security protections and mitigations (e.g. ASLR, DEP, Stack Guards)
* Familiarity with common code and protocol analysis tools (e.g. WinDbg, IDA Pro, GDB, OllyDbg, BurpSuite, Fuzzers, NetworkMiner, Wireshark)
* Familiarity with exploitation frameworks, such as Metasploit and/or Routersploit
* Experience with the low-level execution of at least two architectures (e.g. x86, x86-64, MIPS, ARM, PowerPC, Tile, VxWorks)
* Experience with the common analysis techniques: code debugging and decompilation, memory analysis, network and wireless protocol analysis
* Experience with different classes of coding flaws (e.g. logic, integer/stack/heap overflows, use-after-free, race conditions)
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Check out these video's on Parsons!
Parsons on Cyber: https://youtu.be/Pr0pWMk_1pM
Parsons Corporation: https://youtu.be/kh38wq-qOVQ
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.