MICRO CENTER is the nation's leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000+ selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are seeking friendly and knowledgeable Retail Technical Support Specialists to provide customers with product support and troubleshooting assistance at our walk-up Technical Support area in our high-volume big box retail store.
* Provide technical explanations, do problem analysis and recommend solutions to walk-in customers through consultative solution selling; build repeat business through customer satisfaction
* Maintain a cash till in order to assist or check in customer equipment for service repair or upgrades
* Provide technical support to Micro Center customers via telephone at manager request
* Communicate to Home Office I.T. on store system maintenance (POS, phones, etc.) and general technical problems
* Provide weekly reporting updates to Home Office on issues relevant to the department, such as efficiency, product handling, support and customer satisfaction
* Provide input on Retail Sales Associate training programs and present In-Store Customer Clinics; provide support to store associates as needed
* Support store operations by ensuring a clean work area, maintaining loss prevention awareness, performing merchandising duties and participating in open and close procedures
* Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or equivalent and knowledge of Microsoft Office required
* Two or more years of experience in a high-volume retail environment or technical support role required
* Ability to handle multiple customer issues and tasks simultaneously
* Ability to communicate professionally in person and relate to customers with varying levels of technical knowledge
* Physical requirements: able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
* Shifts will include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
* Technical certifications and additional years of experience a plus
OUR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
At Micro Center, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers a balance between personal and professional interests, competitive pay, an employee discount on merchandise, flexible retail schedules and tuition reimbursement. In addition, a high-quality, competitive cafeteria benefits program is available on the first of the month following 60 days of active service to all full-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week. Whether you're employed full-time or part-time, Micro Center has many options available to support your professional, health and wellness goals!
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.