Requisition ID: 215617
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 100%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
* SAP is currently not offering international relocation benefits or visa sponsorship for this role *
* U.S. (virtual) with travel as needed to clients' site (Central US location preferred)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The focus of an SAP Retail Architect is in the planning and design phases of an implementation of an SAP business application suite. You may also be leveraged on strategic corporate initiatives such as business process improvement initiatives, establishing internal centers of expertise or developing ongoing architectural governance processes. The engagement model of an Architect is not strictly limited to the planning/design phases, but may also span the build and operations phases to ensure proper implementation and operationalization of the business solutions.
An Architect will assist clients in achieving their Digital Transformation vision and Best-Run Business capability from their SAP and other IT investments. Our vision is to drive business value and ultimately successful outcomes by helping our customers understand how best to leverage, implement and sustain SAP solutions for the industries in which they operate.
This is a key leadership role, requiring deep knowledge and understanding of SAP technical & functional capabilities as well as business processes and industry best practices. The consultant provides comprehensive advice to our customers on long-term (Big Picture) and short-term (Quick-win) perspectives on their key strategic imperatives and recommends innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business and IT stakeholders. Excellent facilitation and communication skills are essential as is engaging with executive stakeholders, partners and SAP account teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Retail Business Process Architects evaluate customer requirements, map them to business processes, functional and solution architectures and ensure a proper implementation from a solution architecture point of view. For this the following is expected:
* Design detailed end-to-end industry-specific / corporate customer to-be processes
* Identify the appropriate end-to-end solution portfolio options and recommendations
* Identify solution gaps and develop gap closure options
* Design the end-to-end functional landscape and solution design, including the functional integration points, applicable standards and governance
* Exhibits Customer satisfaction, tangible contribution to project success
* Acts as advisor for SAP at customers
* Exhibits clear alignment and cooperation across Client and SAP teams, especially with BTS, Value Engineering, Software Pre-sales and Solution Principals
* Self-motivated, able to work without constant direction and committed to the outcomes
* Strong communication and facilitation skills
* Contributes to an internal SAP community (as assigned by manager);
* Enhances Knowledge Management (KM) Practice efforts along Practice Lifecycle
* Based on the client's scope, requirements and business strategy, the Architect is expected to:
* Review client as-is processes and create the target operating model and the high-level to-be process model
* Design detailed industry-specific / corporate customer to-be processes and the high level solution design based on process requirements, application and system landscape.
* Largely independently execute assignments and deliverables
* Acts as Trusted advisor for the larger implementation team
* Defines the standard for communication and customer interactions by positive example
WORK & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 8 years' experience in process implementation
* Proficient in discussing and implementing of at least two end-to-end business processes
* Deep understanding of general business processes within Retail/ Fashion Industry
* Solid understanding of SAP's solution and service offerings including packaged solutions, RDS, FBS, pre-defined services and starter packs, including the available functionality, business value, implementation effort and compatibility/integration with standard functionality
* Understanding of at least one Industry and/or LoB function domain, familiar with the Retail industry trends and business strategies and models, Retail industry specific business processes, challenges, business drivers/pain points and related best-practice solution architectures
* Leveraged knowledge of business domain during problem definition, solution architecture and design, implementation and user adoption phases of projects and can communicate this to client
* Practical experience in functional integration and cross-solution issues
* Practical experience with Business Process Management
* Understanding of information requirements, information flows and information usage within various business operations
* Understands and can apply methods of process and solution architecture modeling based on SAP and non-SAP solutions in Retail industry
* Has moderated between Client and SAP, Business and IT
* Experience with SAP S/4HANA, Fashion Management Solution, SAP Activate Methodology, Agile Methodology and ABAP development/debugging a plus.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor, Masters or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
* Solution Certification desired
* SAP project experience as independent consultant or through a Consulting firm
* Profound knowledge of Retail Business Processes
* Profound knowledge of SAP Offerings and Technology
* Knowledge and Hands-On experience with regards to Retail Industry modules
* Experienced using business orientated software and technical aptitude
* Excellent analytical, results-driven and solution-oriented approach
* Ability to work with larger teams and strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong listening skills along with conflict management skills to solve problems from all parties, outlining the pros and cons and challenges to audience to make a collective decision to resolve an issue
* Capability of leading meetings and in getting the audience to interact
* Ability to travel up to 100%
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.