MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
Join us as we pursue our goal of transforming how people live. MiTek is a highly diversified global supplier of innovative software, engineered products, Engineering services, and automated manufacturing equipment. As a Berkshire Hathaway company, MiTek is poised to take the construction industry by storm as we are committed to serving our customers and look to make housing and building more affordable in the ever changing landscape of the construction industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated, self sufficient, and dynamic Software Product Manager. Most importantly, this role will require passion as what we are doing today will change the future. "It is easier to invent the future, than to predict it" - Allan K.
What you will be doing
* Understand MiTek's strategic and competitive position, and align the teams goals, success metrics, and roadmap to that strategic initiative.
* Completely own your products, existing or new, from ideation - development - launch - growth - and maintenance
* Working with the Product Owner to develop product strategy and feature roadmaps with a deep understanding of our customers needs.
* Explore new opportunities and technology in order to invent the future, not predict it.
* Communicate clearly on roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from the end user to executive levels.
* Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: Engineers, Designers, Analysts, Marketers, business Partners, and operations to drive a shared vision.
Experience & Skills
* An academic background in Construction, Engineering, Business, Marketing - or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience as a Business Analyst, Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Designer working in an agile/scrum environment, and/or proven experience building software products is a plus.
* Understanding of construction practices and methodologies is desirable, but not required
* Passion for inflicting real change in the world, and making housing more accessible for everyone.
* Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level
* Ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
* Detail oriented with superior organizational skills - balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you.
* Willingness to take ownership and lead teams to take action
* Excellent judgement and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem.
* Unquenchable thirst for learning new things, and ability to integrate those learnings to your process.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Excellent design judgment - what makes software great and why.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft products including MS Office suite of products. Familiarity with software development environments like C# or Visual Basic .NET is beneficial.
* Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
* Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.