The Research in Software Engineering Group in Microsoft Research seeks candidates in the areas of formal methods, programming languages, compilers/runtime, high-performance computing, and software engineering. We are seeking exceptional Researcher candidates who are interested in new approaches to improving software quality, performance and reliability at industrial scale. This is an exceptional opportunity to drive ambitious research in the context of a diverse team of researchers to push the state-of-the-art in software production.
* PhD in formal methods, programming languages, software engineering or a related area or equivalent experience
* A research program demonstrated by journal and conference publications
* Strong understanding of state-of-the-art in software systems and software engineering
* Demonstrable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
* Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop and drive an ambitious, high-impact, research agenda in formal methods, programming languages, compilers/runtime, high-performance computing, and software engineering.
* Collaborate to develop and test out new ideas within existing or new collaborations within the group and with others
* Write code to test new approaches or develop novel theoretical and practical insights
* Prepare technical papers and presentations
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.