Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world's business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, technology, organization, private equity and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 50 offices in 32 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
Bain & Company's relentless focus on results is at the heart of Bain history and culture. Bain strives to make a difference in everything it does. Bain's people enjoy collaboration and helping others succeed. They are approachable, humble, down to earth, and laugh a lot. While Bain's people hold common goals, individuals drive the richness of its culture. The best way to fit in is to be yourself. Bain's people like working with each other. They develop deep, enduring relationships with each other and their clients. And, they enjoy what they do and have fun along the way.
Bain has long been a leader of innovation. Whether by working with private equity or non-profits, or by aligning its success with the success of its clients, Bain has stood apart as a leader in management consulting. Bain's enriching environment encourages people to achieve their best and make a lasting impact. The accelerated learning process at Bain is unparalleled. Bain also provides the flexibility to pursue your passions and shape your career while with the firm. Bain's culture is one of opportunity.
Bain Executive Network
The Bain Executive Network (BEN) is a capability created to support our most valued clients - individual executives and client organizations - to help them generate better results. The BEN team:
* Provides senior business leaders with customized career advice and coaching during critical inflection points in their careers; and
* Advises client organizations on talent strategy, as success often requires increasing the quality and capability of a company's human capital - its people. BEN serves as a vehicle to generate even better results for our clients by helping them get the right talent into critical roles.
The global BEN team brings deep experience in strategy consulting, executive search, and executive coaching.
The BEN Researcher will work as an integral part of the global Bain Executive Network team, with a focus on North America. As part of BEN's support of client organization, s/he will be responsible for teaming with BEN client-facing team members to deliver on specific candidate research requests from within the Bain network and will work closely with the Global BEN Operations team to ensure industry and functional executive lists are kept evergreen. The successful candidate will be able to effectively balance multiple requests for candidate ideas through a combination of solid project management, high-quality candidate research, and strong partnership with the global BEN team and internal Bain partners. This is a new role which has been created as part of the Bain Executive Network.
The role will be viewed as successful if:
* High potential candidates from the Bain network are identified and shared in a timely fashion
* The BEN team and Bain Partners believe they are getting leverage with search requests
* Support the Global BEN team in the execution of search requests, specifically in the research of potential candidate ideas from our Bain Network. This may entail: (1) doing a deep dive of the industry to understand the market players; (2) using internal systems (e.g., Avature, CRM) and external tools (e.g., LinkedIn, BoardEx) to identify relevant executives; (3) sourcing relevant BEN team members and Partners; (4) following up with Bain Guardians to assess suitability
* Work closely with Global BEN Operations Team to update and maintain industry and functional executive lists, and providing feedback to improve the Avature system and underlying executive data
* Working with the Global BEN Operations Team, play an active role in search tracking and reporting, and generating reports/insights to support discussions within the BEN global team and with Practice Area and Regional Leaders
* Provide regular written and verbal updates on status of projects directly with stakeholders. Proactively communicate any potential issues with search timelines
* Identify and participate in team initiatives such as training and process/tool improvements
* Over time, the BEN Researcher may be asked to work with Global BEN team members to help on ad hoc requests and projects (e.g., identifying relevant job specs to share as examples, drafting job specs for client organizations, developing BEN IP on executive talent)
* Serve as a coach/mentor to other team members on candidate research
The successful candidate will exhibit an enthusiasm for research and data management. S/he will possess strong organizational and project management skills, as well as a proven background of problem-solving. Given our collaborative business orientation, the successful candidate will possess a track record of collaborative and solutions-oriented business practices. The ideal profile includes:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with exposure to database management
* Ideally 3-5 years working at a global, leading executive search firm; search experience is required with a minimum of one year of experience in a research capacity
* Experience with C-level candidates is a plus
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and a customer service orientation
* Works independently, with attention to details and a high level of accuracy
* Collaborative, team oriented working style and ability to work with a diverse range of internal and client team members
* Desires to push individual boundaries, and an enthusiasm to discover creative solutions
* Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-time zone environment and ability to manage competing demands
* Intellectual curiosity and energetic attitude to learn and develop knowledge
* Reliable, consistent and mature; a strong team player
* Demonstrated success in working with senior stakeholders and exhibiting sound judgment
* Keen interest in talent acquisition and cultivation
* Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Makes work fun
Irrespective of an individual's specific background, the successful candidate will be:
* Customer service oriented - someone who has a "client first" mindset
* Collaborative - someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen
* Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; "rolls up the sleeves" and gets things done
* Strong business judgment - both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills; pragmatic, with a practical, "real-world" sense of what is actually doable; possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to making decisions
* Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development
* A great colleague and teammate; passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom Bainies and clients go out of their way to work