Description:Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is an industry leader in RF Stealth Technology. We are involved in all phases of the design, prototyping, production and maintenance of Low Observable air platforms. One key element of this process is the accurate prediction of Radar Cross Section (RCS) of complex targets. To that end we seek world class talent from entry level through most senior in all areas of computational electromagnetics (CEM). This includes candidates meeting requirements below with backgrounds in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics. The candidate we seek will be expected to perform cutting edge research in CEM focusing on innovative formulations of electromagnetic scattering and advanced matrix solver techniques, and skilled in developing and deploying complex scientific software on high performance computing (HPC) platforms. The candidate should be formally trained in fundamental research techniques to identify new technologies, recognize shortfalls in existing capabilities, and able to contribute to collaborative software development efforts.
Must be able to obtain a DOD clearance.
Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access
* Extensive background in Theoretical Electromagnetics
* Theoretical and practical experience in Computational Electromagnetics (CEM)
* Team software development experience on Linux platforms using modern software development tools
* Electrical engineering, physics or computer science degree with emphasis on Electromagnetics and/or Linear Algebra and/or Computer Science (BS required, Masters or PhD desired)
* Experience with high level programming language(s) such as FORTRAN, C or C++
* Experience with surface mesh generation
The well qualified candidate will be an expert in CEM with the following skillset:
* Considered and recognized as a world-class expert in Computational Electromagnetics as evidenced by extensive publications in the area
* Experience in Integral Equation formulations of the scattering problem
* Experience with the Method of Moments solution approaches
* Experience with ScaLAPACK and other math libraries for the solution of large linear matrix equations
* Parallel programming background in MPI and / or OpenMP
* Experience in developing scientific software applications for engineering workstations to state-of-the-art High Performance Computing (HPC) platforms
* Experience using scripting languages such as Python, Java, or Linux schedulers such as SLURM
* Experience with volumetric meshes for CEM applications
* Experience with matrix compression techniques (such as Adaptive Cross Approximation) with applications to dense matrices associated with CEM applications
* Experience with iterative solutions of matrix equations with applications to dense matrices associated with CEM applications
* Capable of leading and mentoring junior team members in theoretical and computational electromagnetics
* Capable of effectively communicating complicated ideas and issues in understandable fashion to all levels of leadership
* Capable of managing software development teams and budgets in a manner that meets requirements and user expectations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.