Description:--Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program--SKUNK WORKS--
This position is deployed to the Revolutionary Technology Programs (RTP) team to provide technical support/direction. Expected to support team's performance on project related to the analysis, design, and testing of plasma physics experiments. The position more generally requires working in a small, fast moving team on concept level analysis, study of plasma stability and behavior, as well as detailed design of experimental hardware and experiments. Requires use of MS Office software tools to compile data, reduce data, and generate reports. Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable. Occasional overtime and odd hours required. Candidate must be able to work in a manufacturing and laboratory environment, including wearing radiation safety badge.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. Selected applicant must also possess, or be able to obtain, special access program clearances.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
* -Bachelor's or higher degree in Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
* -Must have experience in designing, developing, testing, analyzing, or modeling/simulation of plasma physics experiments/phenomena
* -Ph.D. in Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with strong background in plasma physics
* -Strong research background in plasma diagnostics
* -Strong research background working with or developing neutral beams
* -Experience working with high vacuum and ultra-high vacuum systems
* -Prior experience with high-power electronics or pulsed-power applications
* -Proficient with analysis tools such as MATLAB and/or LabVIEW
* -Good oral presentation and written skills
* -Proficient with MS Office tools
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.