We're looking for a Research Scientist to join Snap Inc! The mission of the lab is to create hardware and/or software approaches to computational imaging that enable new photographic functionalities and experiences that go beyond what is possible with traditional cameras and image processing methods. Our goal is to empower our users with new tools that allow them to communicate with each other more efficiently and in more creative ways than possible today.
We are looking for a highly innovative, motivated, and self-directed researcher. Working from our New York, NY office, you work closely with other researchers and our engineering teams, you will tackle unique technical challenges such as developing techniques to enhance existing products, create new products, deploying algorithms to handle our scale, and improving the experience on Snapchat for millions of people every day. In addition to impacting the company via products, researchers are encouraged to publish their results in top-tier journals and conferences.
Beyond the application and interviews, Research Scientist candidates should prepare to provide detailed supporting materials including a research statement, references, biography, and a 60-minute presentation during the evaluation process.
What you'll do:
* Develop new imaging technologies that enhance visual communication on both handheld and wearable devices
* Develop new technologies that make it easier for users to interact with devices and well as for devices to interact with other devices
* Introduce major innovations that can result in product features or new areas of business
* Collaborate with the researchers and engineers to make important product decisions
* Develop skills to inspire and manage small or large groups of researchers and engineers
* PhD in a technical field such as computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of research or industry experience
* Track record of innovative work in the area of computational imaging
* Experience or familiarity with imaging optics, illumination techniques, image processing, computer vision and computer graphics
* Ability to perform research that is justified and guided by business opportunities
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
* Successful record of publication in top-tier international research venues
* Collaborative, positive, and team-oriented mindset
* Hands-on research experience and fast prototyping skills
* Ability to lead small group of talented researchers to deliver on a high-impact research project
About Snapchat (Snap)
Snap provides technology and social media services.