Alexa Communications is seeking an outstanding Research Scientist to uncover key insights on how customers use Alexa for communications. As a Research Scientist, you will bring customer insights into the product development process. What drives user retention? What causes users to churn? You will work closely with product, marketing, engineering to ensure we have the customer data we need to delight customers throughout their life cycle and to successfully predict the success of each product we help launch. The ideal candidate has deep expertise in all aspects of quantitative research, including experimental design (familiarity with A/B testing), and statistics (dynamic regressions, analysis of variance, development of confidence bands, clustering, etc.). This candidate also possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to convey complex findings to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, and exceptional organizational skills. This role provides opportunity for significant visibility to leadership, to provide novel insights to stakeholders with exciting data, and to directly influence the customer experience.
Job responsibilities include:
* Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
* Obtain, clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
* Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and measure and report on impact over time
* Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering, product, and marketing backgrounds
* Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
* Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.