Research Engineer Co-Op, Advanced Cyber Science - FALL 2019
Req #: 223355
Location: Herndon, VA US
Job Category: Administration
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
Do you have a passion for innovation?
So do we! At CACI our people are our greatest asset - we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We're always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking talented, creative and highly motivated undergraduate (Juniors & Seniors) and/or Graduate students for Co-Op/Internship and rising Computer Science and Computer/Electrical Engineers to work at our research and technology Labs in one of the following locations: Florham, NJ; San Antonio, TX; Herndon, VA or Columbia, MD) . We are seeking the 'Best and Brightest' with a "PASSION" to solve tough challenges through innovation and the application of Science and Technology.
What You'll Get to Do:
The Cyber Department performs basic and Applied Research and Prototype Development in various aspects of Cyber and general Network Security. The ideal candidate for this role will perform research, prototype development, software engineering and integrated systems development in various aspects of cyber, analytics, machine learning, optimization, computer networking and general network security.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Upper Classman leading to BS, or graduate studies leading to MS or Ph. D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* Research solutions to challenging Cyber, analytics, Machine Learning, optimization and computer networking problems
* Design, implement and test research prototype software
* Integrate software into larger system, design test cases and evaluate solution effectiveness
* Contribute to high performance technical teams to innovate and execute both short-term and long-term project goals
* Contribute to briefing project results and demo software and/or hardware to technical and non-technical audiences
* Travel to other CACI/LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all CACI/LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI/LGS EH&S policies and procedures
* Ability to obtain/maintain government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position
* Willingness to learn new skills and eagerness to investigate new problems both independently and as part of a small team
* Broad computer science, analytics, machine learning, optimization and/or networking background, which may include knowledge in cybersecurity, IP networking, and software development
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently solve problems
* Software development and software engineering life cycle experience in current languages and best practices
* Working knowledge of IP (v4 and v6) and computer and network security
* Perform other duties as required
* Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Network security, especially security of the public Internet
* Security strengths and weaknesses of protocols at the network, transport, and application layers
* Intrusion detection systems, information security systems, firewalls, antivirus systems, and honeypots
* Fingerprinting, scanning, and hacking techniques
* Machine learning and data analytics
* Optimization, cryptography and other advanced algorithms
* Experience with distributed computing and mobile ad hoc networking protocols and implementations
* Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions
* Work requires some physical effort in the handling of materials, boxes, or equipment
* The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job
* Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.