Research Associate, Automation Specialist
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes Therapeutics is a leading AAV-based genetic medicines company focused on developing and commercializing innovative products for serious rare neuromuscular diseases. We are leveraging our AAV gene therapy technology platform and proprietary manufacturing expertise to develop programs across three modalities: gene replacement, vectorized exon skipping, and vectorized RNA knockdown. Our product candidates are showing promising therapeutic profiles in clinical and preclinical studies across a range of neuromuscular diseases. Audentes is a focused, experienced and passionate team driven to improve the lives of patients.
Audentes leverages strong, global relationships with the patient, research, and medical communities, and we take pride in carefully selecting our colleagues. Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice individual who wants to join us on our journey.
Part of the Analytical Testing Group, the Automation Specialist will manage development, support, and deployment of new and existing automation systems. This role will work cross-functionally to add new functionality and capability, improve efficiency, utilization and throughput, and establish reproducibility and quality control systems on our platform. This includes evaluating and onboarding new devices, establishing quality control processes, managing device and assay support and debugging, and developing tools to support our lab platform. This position will be located at our new, state of the art laboratory space in South San Francisco.
* Programming liquid handling equipment to transfer manual bench protocols to high throughput automated protocols. Perform experiments to demonstrate equivalence between manual and automated protocols
* Integrate with AAV Sciences, Bioinformatics and Assay Development teams to understand and adapt our automation platform to company needs
* Stay up to date with new developments in laboratory automation and adopt them for our platform
* Establish and manage relationships with vendors and contractors
* BS in Engineering, Biology, Molecular Biology or relevant field and 3+ years of biotech or pharma industry experience in automation of protocols used in biotech and 2+ years of experience using robotic systems.
* Demonstrated experience in transferring manual bench protocols to liquid handling platforms to support the simultaneous processing of hundreds of samples across multiple workflows
* Hands-on system integration with laboratory equipment such as automated liquid handlers (Beckman, Tecan, Hamilton etc), robotic arms, plate readers, imaging platforms, LCMS, etc.
* Knowledge of Java, Visual Basic, XML, for script writing
* Successful operational responsibility for a 24/7 automated laboratory system
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Models our Core Values: Be Bold, Care Deeply, #GetStuffDone - is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted
* Advanced proficiency in programming Beckman robotics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
About Audentes Therapeutics
Audentes is a biotechnology company that employs gene therapy technology to develop treatments for people with rare muscle diseases.