How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Requisition ID 133780BR
Date updated 02/12/2019
We are currently seeking a Requirements and Architecture Systems Engineer to join the Multi-Function Radio Frequency System (MFRFS) Systems Engineering team in McKinney, TX.
The Requirements and Architecture Systems Engineer will have a technical background in RF systems, including RF systems transmit/receive chain, radar processing hardware/software, modeling, simulation, and systems requirements and architecture development. The Requirements and Architecture Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing system requirements, conducting performance trades and performing analysis of alternatives studies to define product architectures for MFRFS products.
Travel to support demonstrations and customer tests at US Government field test sites may be required.
This position can be a salary grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
An ACTIVE DoD security clearance is required.
* 4+ years working with requirements and architecture development of RF complex systems.
* System architecture including optimization of antenna size, transmit power, tracker processing, digital receiver design, surveillance and fire control concepts of operations and RF performance analysis and trade study development.
* Analog to digital conversion and waveform signal processing including digital pulse compression and matched filtering using Fast Fourier Transforms
* RF Systems Requirements Development, Analysis and Management.
* Mathematical simulation development (e.g. Matlab, Mathematica, or simulation programming).
* Developing technical documentation that includes system concept of operations and design descriptions for Radar development programs.
* An ACTIVE DoD security clearance is required.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Science or related STEM field.
* Development of technical presentations and presenting to leadership and customers.
* RF environmental requirements such as Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI), Electro-Magnetic Environmental Effects (E3) and environmental requirements verification.
* Test equipment, test software, and troubleshooting.
* Requirements Management using the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
* Developing interface requirements specifications and interface control documents for software and electrical subsystems.
* IPDS gating and artifact generation process.
* Active Electronically Scanned Antenna (AESA) technology.
* Master's Degree in Engineering, or related discipline.
KEYWORDS: systems requirements, architecture, radio frequency, RF, analysis, antenna, tracker processing, digital, receiver, surveillance, fire control, trade study, field test, Matlab, Mathematica, simulation, electro-magnetic interference, EMI, electro-magnetic effects, E3, DOORS
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that's shared by Raytheon employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com. 133780
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.