As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement
Partners Healthcare is an integrated care system consisting of top-ranked, Harvard-affiliated core hospitals - Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, along with specialty hospitals like McLean Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. It is also the nation's largest academic research enterprise with more than $1.6 billion in annual research expenditures.
The individual in this position will be a member of the Enterprise Data & Digital Health (EDDH) team leveraging the reporting, budgeting, and analytic systems used at multiple Partners institutions (including hospitals and affiliates) to conduct value-based metric tracking, baseline and performance tracking, etc. for the program. This individual will work under the guidance of the Program Manager for Reporting and Finance, working closely with other EDDH colleagues and PHS Finance. Activities include: building data models and standard reports, creating data dictionaries and analytic templates to assist users in creating their own analysis, meeting with EDDH colleagues to define requirements, and conduct trainings as needed. As new projects arise, this person may assume other responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Develop an intimate knowledge of the varied data sources and assist in fixing data quality issues and developing enhancements.
* Work closely with PHS Finance and EDDH colleagues to gather and document reporting and analytic requirements.
* Analyze, translate and develop those requirements into a design of the data model needed to support both reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
* Create, modify, and maintain data models needed to support reporting and analysis.
* Design, build, test and implement reporting solutions using the Cognos suite of analytic tools: Query Studio, Workspace Advanced, Report Studio and Framework Manager as well as the Hyperion suite of reporting tools: Hyperion Financial Reports and SmartView.
* Work closely to understand existing data models, and communicate changes needed to new data marts/cubes to meet EDDH analytic requirements.
* Maintain business glossary, publishing information out to EDDH users, and providing data discovery training sessions.
* Provide quality assurance support for new data integration project implementations as well as system upgrades and implementations.
Bachelors Degree required in either Finance or Information Systems.
5 years of experience of analytical experience.
2-4 years experience supporting a Financial Reporting system.
Experience supporting either Hyperion or other reporting applications preferred.
Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
General knowledge of financial/accounting principles preferred.
* A strong desire to help and provide support to EDDH colleagues.
* Excellent problem resolution and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
* Strong organizational skills including an ability to establish priorities, exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, and ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
* Must be team focused, excellent communicator, and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams, providing excellent customer service.
* Ability to adapt to frequent changes in priorities and demonstrate the ability to manage many moving pieces and projects simultaneously.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.