Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
We seek a person possessing analytical rigor and database development/management skills to grow profits through development of state of the art pricing and product plans. The primary role will be to develop visualizations using our analytics database and to support data mining and statistical predictive modeling projects that lead to new rating structures, new underwriting programs, and support the introduction of new product features that increase profitability, yield, and growth. Additional projects may support Call Center Operations, Claims, Marketing, and our growing Commercial Lines. The role is part of our Predictive Analytics team.
* Data visualization - Design Tableau dashboards to support business requirements
* Develop, maintain, and enhance databases throughout the organization to support analytics projects
* Understand corporate data structure to be able to draw data from transactional data tables existing in the company
* Support the acquisition of external data sets, interpreting data layouts, structures, fields and values to incorporate new data into the core analytics data base
* Analyze databases for performance optimization, including data normalization, indexing, and memory management
* Assist in determining how image recognition techniques and artificial intelligence can be utilized to further the core business
* Work closely with the Modeling and Data Science teams to determine where gaps and opportunities lie
* Clearly communicate complex findings to colleagues and external customers
* Monitor the results of statistical models through the use of dashboards and ad hoc analyses
* Experience in advanced Tableau report development
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS)
* Experience creating queries and procedures using T-SQL
* Understanding Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) approaches and concepts including Database Normalization
* Experience with Windows Server as well as Linux/Unix environments
* Knowledge of statistical software languages/packages such as R, Python, DataRobot, Mathematica, and Spark
* Experience with Amazon Web Services including Redshift, S3, Kinesis, Glue, and DynamoDB
* Data Vendor experience (including experience with building and/or supporting 'real-time' applications)
* Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) experience (C++ and/or C# and/or Java and/or Visual Basic) preferred
* Motivated individual with strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
* Three or more years of programming or database related experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, or Engineering with significant computer programming coursework.
* Graduate degree preferred