Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Research - Req #2329474
Report Analyst II
Senior-level analyst responsible for the development and modification of Research Administration Systems reports. This individual requires the ability to work independently in completing reporting tasks and lead initiatives to improve the reporting capabilities of the system. In addition, a solid understanding of the research administration applications workflows and system set up are required as well as a core competency in the use of Tableau and the database structure.
The Report Analyst (II) is involved in needs identification and analysis, implementing the reporting process workflows, and ensuring that end-users obtain the reports they need. Develops and modifies reports on an ongoing basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates the ability to collect workflow and other pertinent information from stakeholders.
2. Develops report specifications based on user requirements.
3. Ensures quality and accurate development of reports based on knowledge of the system.
4. Develop queries across a wide variety of data sources in Oracle SQL
5. Create intermediary views and stored procedures in Oracle SQL
6. Work with business stakeholders to define reporting needs / requirements
7. Develop and execute ad-hoc reporting as needed
8. Troubleshoots problems or questions from users.
9. Establishes standards around report development to ensure consistency across implementations.
10. Prioritizes and implements changes requested for developed reports .
11. Thoroughly reviews and tests each new release and communicate changes before users are permitted to access the new release.
12. Demonstrates expert knowledge of the system and provide guidance to other staff in analyzing issues and the development of potential solutions.
13. Acts as a point of escalation for complex multi system issues.
14. Demonstrates professional behavior when interacting with clients and coworkers
15. Demonstrate ability to understand not only tasks assigned but to anticipate ongoing work and take ownership of entire process
16. Demonstrates the ability to organize work for other team members to achieve success.
17. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 3 years experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or Reporting discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience * Experience with SSRS, Tableau or other Reporting frameworks * Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.