Do you have experience as a Remote Support Engineer with a strong focus on Networking? If so, we want to talk to you!
We have an immediate opportunity as a Remote Support Engineer in our New York office.
The Engineer functions primarily in a remote support capacity assisting customers with the identification, triage and resolution of technical issues. Remote Support Engineers provide exemplary customer service by effectively answering technical questions, installing and configuring hardware and software solutions, troubleshooting technical problems, and performing preventative maintenance activities. These individuals should possess excellent communication and customer service skills to help them effectively address complex issues with both technical and non-technical consumers. The RSE role will be required to effectively work remotely and collaborate internally and externally through various mediums including phone, email, chat, video conferencing and other technological means.
* Partners with business leaders to deliver services that support company objectives and that are consistent with Winning Together values.
* Engage with both technical and non-technical customers through multiple communication channels including but not limited to phone, email, chat, and ServiceNow.
* Performs remote installations, upgrades, and repairs using phone, chat, and remote access methods.
* Triage and manage customer incidents, requests and problems, vendor engagement, preventative maintenance, etc.; making decisions and escalating when required.
* Author, maintain and adhere to process and procedures, documentation/specifications, including technical guides and troubleshooting information.
* Proactively monitor and take action on major and minor alarms from various monitoring and event management systems.
* Log and document all work in ServiceNow maintaining detailed records regarding incident, request and problem management.
* Coach and mentor new hires.
* Prioritize and perform "White Glove" resolutions with highly escalated incidents.
* Participate in the escalation and on-call rotation.
* Embrace and support Computacenter's mission and core values.
Education & Experience Required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
* Minimum of 3 years as an engineering consultant, outside systems engineer or similar.
* Technology industry certifications.
* Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Skills & Competencies
* Technology focus around networking but other foundational knowledge areas is a positive.
* Knowledge of a wide range of hardware and software technologies. Primary focus for products and professional services is on vendors as follows: Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Palo Alto Networks, and VMware.
* Understanding of server, storage, virtualization and networking technologies, procedures, operations and best practices.
* Technical aptitude and desire.
* Intrinsically motivated to learn and succeed.
* Customer centric mindset.
* Communication skills (written and verbal).
* Detailed analytical thinker.
* Values and adopts process but is not paralyzed by it.
* Possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Values team success over individual success.
* Familiarity with modern operating systems, applications, data center and cloud technologies.
* Patient, persistent and favors elegant and reusable codified execution over fast outcomes.
Computacenter is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and public sector organizations. We help our customers to source, transform and manage their IT infrastructure to deliver digital transformation, enabling users and their business. Computacenter is a public company quoted on the London FTSE 250 (CCC.L) and employs over 15,000 people worldwide. In US we support some of the country's best-known businesses with regional headquarters in both San Francisco & New York City and an Integration Center in Silicon Valley. www.computacenter.com/us
WE OFFER A GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE!
There's so much more to enjoy about being at Computacenter Fusionstorm Inc. than just having a rewarding career. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, Computacenter Fusionstorm Inc. provides an attractive mix of benefit plans to contribute to its employees' good health, future financial security and peace of mind.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Computacenter Fusionstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
No AGENCIES, please. We are not obligated to pay any fees for any individuals we decide to hire.
FusionStorm is a company that provides information technology products, professional services, support contract services as well as managed services for enterprises.