The Microbiology Applications Software Support Engineer will work with leading edge technologies troubleshooting, resolving technical and usage issues with internal and external customers. The primary focus will be providing remote support for the Bruker MALDI Biotyper platform users, to include the Bruker developed software and the integration of the Bruker platforms to third party vendors. A combination of exceptional technical aptitude, analytical skills, customer service orientation and communications skills are crucial for success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Bruker Daltonics instrumentation software support line for internal and external customers including but not limited to:
* MALDI Biotyper Software Support for all platforms in Clinical, Pharma, Food Safety and Research environments
* IR Biotyper software support
* Software and reference library updates
* Integration and connectivity support for all Bruker MALDI Biotyper platforms and third party middleware and Laboratory Information systems
* Remote Support via WebEx/Teamviewer
* Provide reports to BDAL management and be proficient in MS Office and other software
* Maintain and enhance technical knowledge of BDAL products, main application areas in the microbiology field and be up to date on relevant company literature & sales information
* Understand all new platforms and software associated with MALDI Biotyper
* Educate and certify new MAS, sales teams, and internal colleagues that may need training
* Assist with demos at the Billerica location and assist in maintaining the laboratory
* International travel to Bremen, Germany for training up to once a quarter
* Domestic travel for customer visits, conferences and division meetings
This role will support clients in all time zones across the United States so occasional late work hours may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* BA or BS in Engineering or Science or relevant technical field
* 2 years professional experience in software support, customer support and integration
* Medical Technology Degree with IT/software experience strongly preferred
Technical and Support Skills:
* Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
* Familiarity with Java or other object-oriented programming languages
* Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
* Familiarity with basic TCP/IP networking concepts
* Basic knowledge of ASTM, Java Scripting and XML
* Comfortable balancing project work with interrupt-driven responsibilities
* Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation (i.e., patience and poise under the pressure of solving a real time client service issue)
* Strong analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving ability; eager learner
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interpret technical situations and effectively communicate to lay audience
* Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple tasks and deliverables.
* Ability to promote company products and services to a variety of prospects and customers to secure sales commitments.
* Strong Microbiology background
* Prior experience in Healthcare industry, especially the laboratory
* Understanding of clinical workflows
MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Database software (ex. Microsoft Dynamics CRM, ACT! or similar).
Must be able to maintain valid travel international documentation and driving license.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.
Bruker Corporation is a developer, manufacturer, and distributor of scientific instruments and analytical and diagnostic solutions.