Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Cash Payment Ops Manager, the Specialist provides technical support for Remittance Processing including client programming, system evaluation, application and database development, system release installation and implementation, and system maintenance. Ensures all transmissions and related issues are identified, documented, and resolved in a timely manner. Provide users with appropriate orientation, documentation, and training. Ensure activities adhere to corporate policies, practices, risk compliance and management, and data processing standards. Provide technical consulting to clients and business partners in defining processing and output requirements. Participate in or lead projects in support of the Business Units. These include but are not limited to technology enhancements, new product implementations and others that support the strategic and tactical initiatives of the bank.
Programming Support -
* Provide technical expertise to Sales and clients in gathering data transmission output requirements and to create custom output in C .
* Assist Business Unit with account setup, client data entry forms set-up, client stop/positive files import and reformat.
* Test and ensure that the program performs to specifications.
* Prepare/create program documentation.
* Work closely with other Transmission Support groups in transmission jobs setup, connectivity and output format testing with clients.
* Coordinate production implementation and problem resolution for FTP related issues.
* Design, develop and maintain database applications for Business Units as needed for department performance and client reporting.
Analysis/Testing/Implementation/Project Management -
* Assist in the testing, installation and implementation of application systems, sub-systems, or modifications of individual programs to production environment.
* Identify hardware/software conversion/upgrade requirements, develop test plan and test cases and validate testing result.
* Identify and address system related issues with vendors and make system enhancement recommendations as appropriate.
* Participate in or lead projects in support of the Business Units associated with technology enhancements, new product implementations and others that support the strategic and tactical initiatives of the bank.
* Assist management in project evaluation and planning and detail requirements gathering.
* Participate in project meetings to obtain project scope and reporting status.
* Analyze and evaluating systems SIT and UAT test plans and test results. .
Operational Support/Compliance/Administration -
* Provide ongoing operational and business support to all of the Remittance Processing Services departments. Support various Lockbox system interfaces.
* Respond to trouble calls 24x7 regarding client/users reported system or transmission related issues.
* Analyze production problems, research and identify source of problems, and resolve problems timely.
* Implement system validations to prevent/detect from problem reoccurring.
* Ensure that data processing activities adhere to corporate policies, practices, data processing standards, risk compliances and risk management by assisting management in conducting reviews of project plans, evaluating user requirements for completeness and quality.
* Provide on-site or remote technical support to users with appropriate orientation, documentation, and training necessary to interface with or operate automated systems.
* 5 years experiences in a financial services industry.
* College degree preferred.
* Must implement change initiatives with minimal support.
* Demonstrate priority setting, problem solving, analytical and project management skills.
* Working knowledge of standard system flows and program processes is required.
* Must have experience of programming techniques, C , SQL reporting, visual basic, batch file scripting skills, Access & Excel preferred.
* Requires knowledge of File Transfer Protocol-FTP, data mapping, and file formats e.g., BAI, CSV, flat file, EDI, etc.
* Extensive knowledge of analytic, design, and testing skills required.
* Extensive knowledge of bank business and interrelationships among bank systems preferred.
* Advanced communication skills are required.
* Good organization, planning, and interpersonal skills.
* Sound decision making skills that demonstrate originality, flexibility and resourcefulness.
* Ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and needs of the business units and the company.
* Be able to manage multiple priorities and commitments concurrently.
* Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
* Must have the ability to coordinate and direct the activities of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.