Two Sigma Investments
Duties: Provide operational technological IT expertise for multiple large distributed software systems. Engineer software solutions that improve all aspects of IT software reliability, including better monitoring, alerting, and documentation. Develop and engineer improvements to our IT tools, processes, and software by engaging with our software engineering teams on support issues. Gather and analyze metrics from both software operating systems and software applications to assist with performance tuning and fault finding.
Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
Minimum experience required: 2 years of experience in software or systems engineering, or related experience
* Must have experience in host-based networking, Linux/Unix operating systems, systems engineering, distributed software systems, and databases.
* Must have experience with quickly leveraging off-the-shelf and open-source software tools and utilities to rapidly engineer production systems in a variety of domains, especially for multi-tenant/ stakeholder use.
* Must have experience engineering software automation functions and using an algorithmic approach to solve software system reliability problems.
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of relational database concepts and ability to construct complex SQL queries.
* Must have experience with authentication and computer software system encryption technologies including SSL, Kerberos, and GSSAPI.
* Must have operating system (OS)/kernel experience including OS tunables and log analysis. Must have demonstrated knowledge of automated configuration software management tools.
Must also pass company's skills assessment.
Employer will accept any amount of professional experience with the required skills.
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma Investments is a hedge fund that utilizes machine learning, distributed computing, and other technologies to improve investment strategies.