Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Reliability Engineering is a versatile group of full stack engineers, at the front line maintaining and expanding the capabilities of Two Sigma's many and varied systems. The team exists in the space between traditional systems administration and development, and seeks to merge the capabilities from both disciplines.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
* Primary engineering and operational support for multiple large distributed software applications including much of the foundational infrastructure in the firm
* Improving all aspects of software reliability, including better monitoring, alerting and documentation
* Engaging with our software engineering teams on support issues and improvements to our tools, processes, and software
* Acting as a conduit between infrastructure and development teams, being sympathetic to the concerns and priorities of both
* Gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
* Educating and evangelizing DevOps best practices to the company at large
You should possess the following qualifications:
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline
* Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go)
* In-depth knowledge and experience in at least one of: host based networking, linux/unix administration, systems programming, distributed systems, databases, cloud computing, and a desire to learn more
* The ability to leverage off the shelf and open source systems and utilities to provision production systems in a variety of domains, especially for multi-tenant use
* A proven track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems
* A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
* The ability to understand the inherent trade-offs between various software architectures as it relates to performance, resiliency/fault tolerance, load balancing, data consistency
* Ability to profile and debug applications in real time
Additional qualifications preferred:
* Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
* Experience with authentication and encryption technologies like TLS, Kerberos and GSSAPI
* Networking experience, analyzing packet dumps, multicast routing on hosts, packet filtering
* OS/kernel experience such as familiarity with OS tunables, log analysis.
* Experience with automated configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack
* Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (for ex: Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
* Experience with enterprise messaging systems and concepts (ex. Kafka, JMS, MQ Series)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
* Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
* Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
* Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
* Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Two Sigma Investments
Two Sigma Investments is a privately owned hedge fund sponsor.