Leidos has an opening for a Release Train Engineer to work on a cloud integration, operations, and sustainment program. The team is involved in the deployment and maintenance of multiple operational cloud deployed geospatial solutions. A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies and the various tools necessary to run agile teams, as well as the ability to coordinate and facilitate Release Planning Events and daily Scrum of Scrums. (This position is located in Chantilly, VA Alexandria VA, or Gaithersburg, MD)
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will involve the day to day management of multiple agile teams across multiple programs and contracts. This entails facilitating the daily Scrum of Scrum meetings and coordinating additional TEMs or assigning troubleshooting tasks as needed. This candidate will also be responsible for ensuring teams adhere to agile best practices as well as the program defined agile development management plan, and help drive improvements to the process. In addition, the candidate will perform Release Management and program support activities as needed to include tracking deployment status, versioning, and system bugs. Significant customer and partner interaction will be required.
* Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
* Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
* Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
* Knowledge of AWS/Cloud technologies
* Significant experience with Agile/SAFe development methodologies
* Experience facilitating daily scrum meetings
* Experience with team collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
* TS/SCI with Polygraph
* Experience with geospatial technologies
* Experience with IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
* Advanced Jira and Confluence skills
* Experience coordinating deployments and software releases to multiple environments
* Experience generating contract deliverables and related reports
* Ability to efficiently track and report status of multiple capabilities regularly (Daily)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.