Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training & Certification (T&C) is looking for a Release Program Manager to be part of the T&C Release & Governance team. As the Release Program Manager, you will own the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of T&C product releases (patches/minor/major updates), projects, and programs. Where necessary, you will provide tools and services to help various teams manage and deploy releases into production.
This position also works with IT, Infrastructure, and Development teams to improve the overall Development Lifecycle processes associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating T&C products and environments.
* Work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high quality scalable training and curriculum products deployed around the world.
* Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
* Manage the release cycle of Curriculum & Training Products to make sure the publishing and release is smooth
* Work with all stakeholders to assemble cross-organizational project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones.
* Identify, establish and monitor metrics to track business success for our products.
* Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefits.
* Weekly Release Reporting
* Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
* Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
* Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
* Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as publishing and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
This position can be in one of our U.S. AWS corp. offices in Seattle, Portland, Herndon (VA), Boston, New York, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Atlanta, Chicago, or Denver - candidate must be able to be in one of these cities.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.