Job Title: Release Planner/Release Train Engineer
Job Code: SIS20192006-31766
Job Location:Herndon, VA
During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don't work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: we work here because we know what - and who - we're protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform - we're making the world a safer place!
* The Release Manager will support software development for GSR Yorktown and will coordinate the process to deploy releases to all environments. The Manager will improve transparency on team progress through burn down charts, velocity reporting and sprint and release progress
* Coach teams in effective use in ongoing adoption of agile principles and practices
* Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs, and identify and remove/prevent impediments and distractions
* Work with project leadership to maintain the backlog and update team status in our agile process management tools
* Proactively report risks, blockers, and team progress. Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution. Recommend changes to existing processes
* Assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and ensure the ability to measure the integrity of the release
* Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies
* Work with developers to ensure application designs meet requirements and release criteria
* Oversee and reviews test and evaluation procedures to ensure they verify requirement and/or approved acceptance criteria
* Analyze software readiness cases and provides regular progress reports
* Manage the process required to deploy releases to all environments
* Coordinate, plan, and deploy releases into all environments
* Advise on best practices in scheduling, testing, acceptance, post implementation process and migration plan to maintenance teams for each release to ensure environment stability
* Consolidate inputs from involved parties in the project, including team members, SMEs, and operations teams to ensure the successful implementation of releases to environments with minimal disruption
* Establish metrics associated with release management
* Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of experience or equivalent
* Active Top Secret Security Clearance Required
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Experience with an established Agile methodology such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
* Experience with Agile planning tools: Jira, Confluence, Redmine, Pivotal Tracker, Agile Bench, Rally
* Agile planning experience as a Release Train Engineer
* System engineering experience
* Ability to communicate across multiple organization levels, including executive management (GPMO), key stakeholders, software and systems development
* Ability to present clear planning goals and roadmap with presentation tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Project
* NGA experience
* Experience working with Government customer strongly desired
Please be aware this position requires an active Top Secret clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
L3Harris EEO statement:
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER