JOB SUMMARY: This position facilitates all software releases according to a well-developed plan, in order to minimize risk when changes are promoted to our production environment. This position requires the ability to define Release Management processes and procedures. Project Managers typically enjoy working in this role and project management experience is desired.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Define and communicate release readiness standards and procedures; engage with projects in early phases of the development life cycle to ensure alignment with the overall release standards and schedules.
2. Responsible for planning, coordinating and leading production readiness meetings for all releases in order to confirm compliance with all defined standards and procedures.
3. Creation and management of integrated release plans involving all participants in the system development lifecycle to define, track, and manage release content and schedules.
4. Coordinate environment scheduling and maintenance; ensure alignment with release calendar and enterprise delivery prioritization.
5. Facilitate risk management and prioritization discussions when faced with schedule/ budget /resource constraints.
6. Define release-specific metrics and the processes for collecting these metrics, in order to define a successful release.
7. Facilitate the development and ongoing governance of release standards, policies, and procedures.
8. Work across the organization to improve and enforce development, testing, documentation, and other release standards in conjunction with the SDLC.
9. Perform administrative and management functions associated with the personnel management of Release Management team.
10. Select, develop and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of department.
11. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
12. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements and adherence with requirements of all internal and external audits
13. Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
14. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
15. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The incumbent represents the final tollgate in the SDLC before changes are promoted to production. Exercises authority, capability, and finesse to enforce internally defined standards, and communicate impacts in a manner that can be understood by IT as well as non-IT stakeholders. The candidate will play a critical role in defining the standards, policies, and procedures to which they will govern. Considered to be a fully competent professional who knows and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures. Works under limited supervision with independence and general latitude to make commitments. This is a people management job with authority for all HR actions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.).
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technology-related field or HS Diploma and 4 years of related experience * Minimum 5 years experience in similar or related jobs, preferably in an ITIL environment * Project Management experience desired * Experience and/or working knowledge in application development, software quality assurance, and configuration management are all beneficial * Experience with automated configuration management/code management and release systems * Experience developing management reports and understanding the related data workflow * Experience managing personnel preferred * Applicable ITIL Certifications at an Intermediate level or higher strongly preferred * Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable * Knowledge of Release principles and processes from an ITIL Service perspective * Knowledge of applicable tools and systems that support the Release process * Communication (written, verbal and listening), planning, developmental, coordination, organization, collaboration, project management, interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills * Ability communicate clearly and respectfully while enforcing compliance with standards and regulations * Ability to develop strong working relationships * Ability to influence without direct reporting authority in a matrix environment * Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities,including MS Office * Ability to travel (<10%) as needed
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
MultiPlan provides technology-enabled healthcare cost management solutions for commercial, government, workers’ compensation, auto, and property and casualty markets.