Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Ralph Lauren is seeking a detail-oriented Release Manager to own the code deployment, documentation, environment tracking and execution of success releases. This role will be responsible for understanding our operational processes, integrations landscape, vendor partner dependencies and acting as a critical link between IT OMS team and the Digital team for code deployments. Experience with release management processes for Sterling OMS and SFCC are required along with the business process expertise towards the goal of delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Operate and streamline the build & release, configuration management, code compilation and deploy releases to multiple environments
Maintains source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts and release management process and source control using tools such as Clear Case, TFS,ALDON etc,.
Facilitates and champions the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and deployment efforts
Creates and maintains documentation of the build/release process
Works closely with the development teams to integrate new deployment processes and strategies
Leads initiatives to improve the build and deployment process. Makes recommendations to improve quality, reporting, and reduce deployment time
Assists in the managing and maintaining of test environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled
Analyzes new projects and initiatives and assesses environment readiness to support their collective development. Recommends necessary changes to the environments
Coordinates release activities with other teams (internal and external), partnering with the Change Management group to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 5-9 years equivalent work experience
* 6-9 years of experience in DevOps, build engineering, release management, automated software deployment practices, or software development.
* Experience as a Build and Release Manager/Engineer for an organization with large and complex information systems is preferred
* Experience with design and configuration of continuous integration build system through collaboration with IT Development and Middle ware teams is preferred Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to use proven problem-solving approaches to most solutions.
* Strong experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud and IBM Commerce on Cloud ( COC) related build and deployment processes
* Strong experience IBM Integration BUS ( IBB), IBM MFT,MQ appliance, Data power and Deployment Manager software
* Strong experience with build automation, orchestration and dependency management tools such as Jenkins, Maven and Ant
* Strong experience with source control and management tools (Rocket Aldon, Git, Clearcase)
* Experience with SQL/PLSQL, scripting (Shell, Bash)
* Experience with containerization, build, deployment and management of containers a plus
* Strong ability with an Enterprise Scheduling tool such as Cisco Tidal, Oracle Enterprise Scheduler or Tivoli
* Experience building and deploying J2EE applications
* Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team
* Strong ability to work independently, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
About Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products.