Become part of an exciting company leading the advancement of testing, targeting, and personalization software that empowers the world's most successful digital businesses to drive revenue growth, deepen customer engagement, and sharpen their competitive edge. Only the SiteSpect Digital Optimization Platform enables customers to test the entire user experience, from the front-end "look and feel" to the back-end functionality, and centrally manage those tests across channels, product lines, and business units. SiteSpect's patented technology and professional services are used by top digital companies such as Staples, Sam's Club, Fanatics, Urban Outfitters, and other leading financial services, travel and media companies
SiteSpect is a digital optimization platform that lets you A/B test or target your web traffic without having to change any code on your side. Under the hood, SiteSpect is a reverse proxy. Requests from end users are routed to an appropriate back end and SiteSpect modifies the response based on what tests the user is assigned to and then delivers those changes back to the end user.
As Spider-Man would say, "with great power comes great responsibility". We take these words seriously by considering stability, performance, scale and security with every commit. Yes, we code review every commit. Currently, we are handling ~10,000,000,000 visits a month.
This position will design, build and iterate on release process and technologies. Focus on automation and testing in pursuit of faster, more reliable deployment.
* Design, build and maintain automation tools and infrastructure to build, test and release software.
* Drive the release process in collaboration with Engineering team to ensure smooth delivery of software upgrades to global SaaS platform and single tenant deployments.
* Maintain Ansible playbooks for release automation.
* Create and maintain CI/CD jobs to provide deployment installation and configuration for production and test infrastructure.
* Own load testing and benchmarking; define metrics for measurement, ascertain baselines and continually evaluate the performance of our software.
* Ensure the successful use of unit and integration tests within the development team in pursuit of stability and speed improvements for our internal testing platform.
* Support technology migration and update initiatives.
* Advocate for release engineering best practices around code management, build process, testing and releasing.
* Maintain standardized test data for use in development.
* 2-5 years of experience in a release engineering role or similar.
* Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
* Successfully delivered web applications in highly secured production environments.
* Passionate about automation and process improvement.
* Not afraid to challenge "the way things are" in pursuit of improvement.
* Strong native Linux knowledge (RHEL/CentOS preferred).
* Experienced with Ansible playbooks and automation.
* Familiar with scripting language(s) - python, perl, bash.
* Familiar with AWS, GCP and Azure platforms.
* Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
* Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
* Experience with modern CI/CD platforms (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI).
* Familiarity with source control (e.g. Gitlab, SVN).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to document processes.
This role is based out of SiteSpect Headquarters in Newton, MA.
If this sounds like you, then SiteSpect might be your next home. As the company that leads its market space in power and innovation, we guarantee excitement, challenge and an unlimited opportunity to contribute. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter.
To attract and retain the best talent, SiteSpect offers a competitive suite of benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending account (FSA), commuter benefit plan, health club benefit plan, disability insurances, and an employee bonus program. SiteSpect, Inc. is headquartered in historic downtown Boston, MA, just steps from the Boston Common and accessible to MBTA and commuter rail stations.
No agencies, recruiters or phone calls, please.
SiteSpect is an optimization platform enabling web and mobile marketers to improve conversion rates and engagement.