Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Release Engineer will be part of Cloud Hosting Operations team, responsible for deploying the Oracle NetSuite application code in a timely and efficient manner.
This role is going to primarily be responsible for supporting production releases of all applications running on our production infrastructure.
This person must be a problem solver, results oriented, capable of troubleshooting and debugging complex problems, able to quickly diagnose problems in a fast moving, pressure filled environment.
Strong communication skills are as important as strong technical skills.
This person should be highly motivated and be ready to work in a highly-collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Flexible schedule and readiness to help out in areas outside their comfort zone when necessary are essential.
* Mastering all build and release procedures and processes (build/configure/administer/troubleshoot/test/deploy).
* Ad hoc troubleshooting of release blockers (hardware, configuration, code).
* Manage releases into multiple, geographically-dispersed production datacenters. Responsible for staging and deploying every release of the NetSuite core application.
* Participate in weekly calls with release management to plan and prepare all production facing releases.
* Testing new release procedures and tools with an emphasis on Oracle database migrations.
* Maintain code changes using configuration management system (Perforce, Git).
* Execute routine maintenance procedure to maintain the infrastructure.
* Participate in RCA and continuous improvements.
* While production release operations are your primary responsibility, you will also have opportunities to put on your developer hat for scripting and automation projects to optimize our release processes.
* 3 years Build/Release experience of Java-based, on-demand applications.
* 3 years experience working on Unix platforms with RHEL Preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to support Release Operations: production environments, mission-critical internal tools administration in a Help Desk, and zero downtime framework.
* Familiar with SDLC and with CI/Deployment methodologies and automation tools frameworks (Jenkins, Ansible, etc.).
* Ability to write and maintain scripts (Bash, Python) to automate processes and enhance productivity.
* Basic knowledge of Java, SQL, Oracle, Jetty.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Self-motivated, capable of working independently when needed.
* Experience with cloud services (i.e. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/OCI).
* Experience with orchestration and remote execution: Saltstack, Puppet, Ansible, Fabric or similar.
* Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under deadlines.
* Strong customer-focus.
* Cassandra, Oracle Databases administration.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.