Partners Data Systems
Release Engineering is a focused engineering team dedicated to building out the process, tooling and infrastructure that enables development to create and quality development to test with efficiency in a fast-paced environment. The Release Engineer will contribute to the successful development and timely deployment of robust products and customer solutions, by providing technical knowledge of build processes and procedures that package together all elements of the product. You will be involved in everything from configuration to deployment and monitoring of the pipeline. The released product will be packaged in such a way as to ensure consistent and reliable installation and upgrade, and to provide reliable and predictable mechanisms for moving system elements between systems.
* Minimize manual work through automation.
* Build and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
* Participate in code reviews, technical discussions and project meetings
* Development of automation scripts and installation software
* Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to maintain, manage and enhance the platforms
* Support the release management process, ensuring that all production changes and releases are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures
* Educate and provide development with the tools to use the platform autonomously and safely
* Respond timely to technical tasks and all requests
* Effectively prioritize and manage the resolution of requests including pro-active communications and responsive follow through
* Maintain and monitor system health and application availability
* Fostering an environment of continuous improvement
* Lead and maintain discipline around build and release operations, best-practices, and protocols across the entire development team
* Comfortable with working in both Unix and Windows Environments
* Experience with at least one development language, such as Python or Java
* Knowledge of container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
* Clear communication skills and a diligent mindset - Consider documentation and reproducibility a critical feature
* Experience using Jira as well as other tracking tools
* A constant will to learn and grow, and to share knowledge with others
* A passion for collaboration
* Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and contend with competing priorities.
* Working experience with but not limited to SQL queries, Bash, Batch, Perl, Python, InstallShield or Quickbuild.
* Experience with source code management such as Perforce
Education and Training
* BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent; (Physics, Mathematics, STEM)
About InterSystemsInterSystems is the information engine that powers some of the world's most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.