F&I Express, a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Release Engineer II with Agile Methodology experience to join our Infrastructure team in Grapevine TX
Our Engineering Teams:
At F&I Express, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
The Release Engineer II owns the development of continuous integration, delivery, and deployment pipelines and quality monitoring tools that increase the pace of change, whilst protecting service and increasing business value. The Release Engineer II also plays a role in Agile planning, developing and supporting release and deployment tools, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging technologies.
Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level. Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.
Release and Deployment
* Builds tools and pipelines needed to facilitate continuous delivery of software to multiple non-production and production environments.
Coordinates build/deployment schedules and works directly with Change Management in deploying releases.
* Solicits feedback from delivery and operations teams about continuous integration and continuous delivery challenges and works with them to identify opportunities to optimize software engineering throughput and quality.
* Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of delivery teams and reduce technical debt.
* Automates code packaging, code deployment, and configuration management processes to be used across both production and non-production environments.
* Works collaboratively with all delivery and operations teams to define transition to production requirements and creates automated build systems that can deploy continuously during working and non-working hours.
* Works collaboratively with all delivery teams to define operational requirements for automation.
* Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of release and deployment products.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
* Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new release and deployment technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Technology We Use
Bitbucket, Jira / Rally, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Nomad, .NET Core, MS Visual Studio, MySQL Server, Apache, Angular 2, REST, Linux (AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, EKS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, etc.)
What We Look For:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and at least 3-5 years experience in a similar position, or equivalent job experience
* Working experience with DevOps practices
* Working experience in software operations, development and/or release and deployment activities
* Working experience with source code and software configuration management tools
* Working experience in automation techniques and technology including continuous integration and delivery processes.
* Persuade by influence rather than authority
* Understand and empathize with others, open and appreciates openness
* Think beyond day-to-day activities
* Support teams' commitments, personal development, and continuous growth
* Empower teams to be owners of their products and processes
* Strong technical aptitude and experience collaborating with teams in delivering quality software
* Experience working in an Agile Coffee organization.
Who We Are What We Do:
As part of the Cox Automotive family, F&I Express is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today's digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing.