ARGO is a leading provider of software and analytics solutions for both the financial services and healthcare industries. ARGO transforms business processes for financial service providers and healthcare organizations using proven business models and software innovation informed by real customer challenges, breakthrough technology, and rich analytics.
The DevOps Release Engineer position involves working with internal ARGO teams to maintain applications and tools used to store, maintain, and build source code for ARGO solutions. A Release Engineer is also responsible for writing and maintaining installation scripts and applications used for process automation and application installation.
A completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is required for the position.
Job duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
* Develop and maintain build platforms, packaging, deployment, testing, and releases
* Manage source code, change control, configuration management, and build deployment activities
* Engage with product development teams to identify software development process needs and requirements
* Works with product development teams to develop accurate and efficient build schedules
* Analyzes and maintains tools used to store, maintain, and build source code
* Works with product development teams to diagnose and resolve technical problems encountered during software build processes
* Research new tools, applications, or technologies that could improve source code management and build processes and prepare documentation based on research findings
* Develop scripts and/or installer packages to application installations
* Develop documentation to describe tools and processes used for software development of ARGO solutions
* Work with product development teams to design and develop processes that quantify efficiency of software development processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* 3+ years of work experience with build/release engineering and configuration management of enterprise-level software
* Solid working knowledge of 1 to 2 Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
* 3+ years of work experience with software development applications and tools including but not limited to the following:
* Atlassian Products
* Jira Service Desk
* IntelliJ IDEA
* Visual Studio
* Demonstrates high-level of proficiency with at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Visual Basic, Python, Bash) or software installation packaging solution such as InstallShield
* Intermediate Relational Database knowledge including installation, configuration, scripting, and management
* 2+ years of work experience in the following areas:
* CI/CD pipeline software, such as Bamboo and Jenkins
* Docker Containers
* Artifact repository management such as Nexus or Artifactory
* Microsoft Azure or other cloud technologies
* 2+ year of Server System Management (Microsoft Windows, Linux) experience
* 2+ year of work experience with deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting enterprise-level software
* 2+ years of work experience with troubleshooting technical problems across different applications
* Ability to work across cross-functional teams
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple tasks/assignments
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to convey information across audiences via verbal and written formats
Applicants for U.S. or Canadian based positions with ARGO must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for any ARGO positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Department: Software Development
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position